Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    WELCOME

This thread is for spamming purposes only. If you are a prospective student and have a question please post in ask a current student because it may go unanswered here.

Everyone is welcome to post in this thread. We don't bite! Unless you insult Queen Mary/people attending the university you will suffer the consequences. Muhahaha.

Well it's gone a bit quiet in here, and I miss my random posts..

So I decided to make my own thread to randomize!

Well it's been a month since we started, how is it for everyone so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nitzy)
    Well it's gone a bit quiet in here, and I miss my random posts..

So I decided to make my own thread to randomize!

Well it's been a month since we started, how is it for everyone so far?
    I hope you dont mind me asking but what is your major?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I'm a second year biochemistry student.

ReputationRep:
    oh thats nice
    I hope to get into QM sept '09

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleur_de_haine)
    I wonder if this is allowed.:ninja:

How're we all?
    Lol it's forbidden! :shifty: I lie, anything goes, well I'm in a strange mood I'll tell you later if it's good or bad. You?

What happened on Friday?

ReputationRep:
    Hello. How am I finding it? More stressful than I had previously imagined it to be. How are you finding it?

ReputationRep:
    Too much work, too little time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pepsiANDchocolate)
    oh thats nice
    I hope to get into QM sept '09
    That's cool! What course are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone! btw happy bday desi!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nitzy)
    That's cool! What course are you applying for?
    International Relations

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware it went like this:

A dude was riding along on a (motor)bike, hit something in the road and came off straight under a massive crane. I came out just after it so I'm not 100%. They closed off both exits outside the Queens building, and the pavements outside as well.
    :eek: that's bad, the crane wasn't moving right?

ReputationRep:
    I really haven;t gelled with anyone at QM Which is partly my own fault becasue I haven't been to any freshers things. But tbh that's only because I don't wanna go by myself, and everyone here seems to know each other through halls, so it's kinda a circle.
    And if people are already in groups I'm not gonna just come up and ask if I can join... lol I'm not that lame. I don't wanna go by myself, so I don't go, so I don't meet people etc...
    It's kinda resulted in me hanging out at the weekends/on Fridays, with all my old friends, like my friend at SOAS. I know loads of SOAS freshers in halls, because I've been there so much (my best friend lives there), but no one at QM.
    It's really **** tbh, because usually I'm quite popular. I've never really been this lonely at school like I feel at QM but meh, I have lots of outside friends so it's not too bad. I'm not at home every weekend wishing I was out lol.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware it went like this:

A dude was riding along on a (motor)bike, hit something in the road and came off straight under a massive crane. I came out just after it so I'm not 100%. They closed off both exits outside the Queens building, and the pavements outside as well.
    Yeah, I heard about this, poor bloke.
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I really haven;t gelled with anyone at QM Which is partly my own fault becasue I haven't been to any freshers things. But tbh that's only because I don't wanna go by myself, and everyone here seems to know each other through halls, so it's kinda a circle. I don't wanna go by myself, so I don't go, so I don't meet people etc...
    It's kinda resulted in me hanging out at the weekends/on Fridays, with all my old friends, like my friend at SOAS. I know loads of SOAS freshers in halls, because I've been there so much (my best friend lives there), but no one at QM.
    It's really **** tbh, because usually I'm quite popular. I've never really been this lonely at school like I feel at QM but meh, I have lots of outside friends so it's not too bad. I'm not at home every weekend wishing I was out lol.
    Come down Drapers then :p:

ReputationRep:
    International Relations
    Oooooh, that;s my course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nitzy)
    :eek: that's bad, the crane wasn't moving right?
    It was; I think he might well be alive otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Oooooh, that;s my course
    Oh yeah, somebody told me to talk to you :p: How is it so far, lecturers, classes..etc??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Yeah, I heard about this, poor bloke.

Come down Drapers then :p:
    And drink by myself? Find a group and try and tag along? That's not really my thing, I prefer to go with people, but I'm really not one to ask: Can I come with? I know it's my own fault, but I'd rather be asked to come, I don;t know anyone well enough to ask to come with, if they were my friends then whatever, but they're not.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, somebody told me to talk to you :p: How is it so far, lecturers, classes..etc??
    Long and hard!
    Hehe if you have any specific questions about the course feel free to ask

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't gelled well with many QMUL-ites, but that's probably because I commute in, and well, I'm an acquired taste.:ninja:

I'm sure you'll find someone you click with in time; just 'put yourself out there' a little maybe.

Heh, what do you do? And where do you commute from?

ReputationRep:
    It was; I think he might well be alive otherwise.
    That's really sad. It's going to be a bit odd going in on Monday. It's kinda like when that guy that was killed by the 25 bus I couldn't really use it like I did after that.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 24, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.