Queen Mary, University Of London
London
This thread is closed

QMUL chat!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
fleur_de_haine
I'm really not photogenic; all my ID is horrid. :nah:

I'm more hit or miss, well maybe more miss.. My QM I.D looks funny but it isn't the worst surprisingly.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Nitzy
I'm more hit or miss, well maybe more miss.. My QM I.D looks funny but it isn't the worst surprisingly.

They didn't even warn me when they took that photo. No no, the physics derpartment had already taken photos so I'd assumed it was already done. Then they say smile, and click. I wasn't happy.
Reply 742
fleur_de_haine
They didn't even warn me when they took that photo. No no, the physics derpartment had already taken photos so I'd assumed it was already done. Then they say smile, and click. I wasn't happy.

Awww, :console:

I think that we should be able to take the photo ourselves, and use that as ID!
Nitzy
Awww, :console:

I think that we should be able to take the photo ourselves, and use that as ID!

If only. WHen my last card stopped working, I'd hoped they'd let me take another photo, but NOPE!
Reply 744
fleur_de_haine
If only. WHen my last card stopped working, I'd hoped they'd let me take another photo, but NOPE!

Awww, I'm sure it isn't that bad!
Nitzy
Awww, I'm sure it isn't that bad!

Hah! Sadly it is. Eek, are you in tomorrow?
Reply 746
fleur_de_haine
Hah! Sadly it is. Eek, are you in tomorrow?

Yup, going to be round all day finishing off some c/w. Which is not due on the same day (I'm being good for once :p:), it's due during reading week and I can't be bothered going in just to post it. :nah:
Nitzy
Yup, going to be round all day finishing off some c/w. Which is not due on the same day it's due during reading week and I can't be bothered going in just to post it. :nah:

Ah, reading week. Those two words are like music to my ears.
Reply 748
fleur_de_haine
Ah, reading week. Those two words are like music to my ears.

I know! I can't believe that were halfway through the first term! This time last year it was very slooow.
Nitzy
I know! I can't believe that were halfway through the first term! This time last year it was very slooow.

Meh, I'll be glad of the break! Eek, the mother is home.:frown:

I wonder what we'll argue about today.:p:
Reply 750
fleur_de_haine
Meh, I'll be glad of the break! Eek, the mother is home.:frown:

I wonder what we'll argue about today.:p:

Lol, flamingos?

Oh thanks for the rep! I think it would make a very good mascot, me and my very good photoshop skills! Okay I just used the cutting tool but still... ¬_¬
Nitzy
Lol, flamingos?

Oh thanks for the rep! I think it would make a very good mascot, me and my very good photoshop skills! Okay I just used the cutting tool but still... ¬_¬

We might have started a QMUL wide Flamingo craze.
Reply 752
fleur_de_haine
We might have started a QMUL wide Flamingo craze.

Or we just made people realize were a bunch of weirdo's.. Personally, I hope it's the craze! :yep:
Nitzy
Or we just made people realize were a bunch of weirdo's.. Personally, I hope it's the craze! :yep:

Lol, there'll soon be flamingos popping up all over the place.:yep:
Reply 754
fleur_de_haine
Lol, there'll soon be flamingos popping up all over the place.:yep:

So would flamingo's be the new pigeon's?

It would be funny if every single building on campus had its own picture of the flamingo, except the geography building, not going anywhere near that building!
Nitzy
So would flamingo's be the new pigeon's?

It would be funny if every single building on campus had its own picture of the flamingo, except the geography building, not going anywhere near that building!

Lol, it would indeed. Does QMUL have a mascot of any sort?
Reply 756
fleur_de_haine

Hmm, I don't think it does.

Lol, I remember this duck scared me and my friend as it flew out of the bushes opposite the graveyard! Stupid duck! Ducks are mean and pigeons are stalkers, flamingo's seem pretty decent to me. Now how to wipe pigeons off the face of the earth? :p:
Bubbles*de*Milo
Hijab.

Oh yeah :s-smilie:

Such a Dagenhamite.
fleur_de_haine

QMUL does have a mascot, I believe it's Mary the Leopard. It's in a glass cabinet in the student union. It was certainly there in 2006 when I graduated.

You know there is a traditon of universities stealing each others mascots, I'm sure it's happened at a few times by our sister UoL colleges/uni's.
AlumniBlix
QMUL does have a mascot, I believe it's Mary the Leopard. It's in a glass cabinet in the student union. It was certainly there in 2006 when I graduated.

You know there is a traditon of universities stealing each others mascots, I'm sure it's happened at a few times by our sister UoL colleges/uni's.

Didn't Kings steal the head of the founder of UCL and play football with it?

Latest