Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
This thread is closed

QMUL chat!

Scroll to see replies

Nitzy
Hmm, I don't think it does.

Lol, I remember this duck scared me and my friend as it flew out of the bushes opposite the graveyard! Stupid duck! Ducks are mean and pigeons are stalkers, flamingo's seem pretty decent to me. Now how to wipe pigeons off the face of the earth? :p:

Hmm, I've not seen a duck at QMUL before, but a friend and I did see a heron type bird just walking around outside the Walter Besant building one day. It was really quite strange.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
AlumniBlix
QMUL does have a mascot, I believe it's Mary the Leopard. It's in a glass cabinet in the student union. It was certainly there in 2006 when I graduated.

You know there is a traditon of universities stealing each others mascots, I'm sure it's happened at a few times by our sister UoL colleges/uni's.

Ah fair enough; I may go and have a look for it. Meh, I still want a Flamingo mascot though.:ninja:
Reply 762
fleur_de_haine
Hmm, I've not seen a duck at QMUL before, but a friend and I did see a heron type bird just walking around outside the Walter Besant building one day. It was really quite strange.

Probably came from the canal not far from WB. I really ought to explore that bit! :yep:

Yay! Today is the day, the taste of freedom is so close I can hardly contain myself! Just a few more hours then bye bye till December that is..
Nitzy
Probably came from the canal not far from WB. I really ought to explore that bit! :yep:

Yay! Today is the day, the taste of freedom is so close I can hardly contain myself! Just a few more hours then bye bye till December that is..

LOL! She may decide to stay a while longer; don't count your chickens!:p:

Hmm, 10 am lecture; really? I don't think I'll be making it.
Reply 764
fleur_de_haine
LOL! She may decide to stay a while longer; don't count your chickens!:p:

Hmm, 10 am lecture; really? I don't think I'll be making it.

I'm making sure she gets her fat arse on that plane! Even if that means her getting all emotional on me it's a small price to pay for the reward!

Lol, I have to be in at 11 for my meeting with the adviser, that's going to be fun, no one talking and listening to classical music in the background! :rolleyes:
Nitzy
I'm making sure she gets her fat arse on that plane! Even if that means her getting all emotional on me it's a small price to pay for the reward!

Lol, I have to be in at 11 for my meeting with the adviser, that's going to be fun, no one talking and listening to classical music in the background! :rolleyes:

Lol have fun! Eek, i really ought to be leaving, but the house is so lovely, and warm, and delicious.
Reply 766
fleur_de_haine
Lol have fun! Eek, i really ought to be leaving, but the house is so lovely, and warm, and delicious.

Lol, you too! Ahh, warm houses and warm beds, it wouldn't be odd to bring a duvet in would it? :p:

Hmm, I ought to get ready now at snail speed...
Nitzy
Lol, you too! Ahh, warm houses and warm beds, it wouldn't be odd to bring a duvet in would it? :p:

Hmm, I ought to get ready now at snail speed...

See, the day I start driving to uni. I'll be coming in in a duvet, along with PJs.:yep:
Reply 768
fleur_de_haine
See, the day I start driving to uni. I'll be coming in in a duvet, along with PJs.:yep:

Haha now that would be a picture. :eek:
jillyx
Haha now that would be a picture. :eek:

It would just be so much move convenient! Eek, I'm ever so slightly shameless.
Reply 770
fleur_de_haine

Lol, or put in a bed at the back in case you feel sleepy.

I see you're bunking your 10am lecture! Tut tut.
Nitzy
Lol, or put in a bed at the back in case you feel sleepy.

I see you're bunking your 10am lecture! Tut tut.

Well, at least I've made it to QMUL now though!
Reply 772
fleur_de_haine
Well, at least I've made it to QMUL now though!

Lol, I thought I was going to be late today, but turns out so was he! :cool:

I'm in the library just for a bit, I'm just going to do my coursework tomorrow, since I have to sort out my passport! I find this all funny, now my cousin is going to come with us to India. Maybe I can divert her attention to him about marriage seeing as he is older then me! Muhahahaha! :jive:
Reply 773
Nitzy

I'm in the library just for a bit, I'm just going to do my coursework tomorrow, since I have to sort out my passport! I find this all funny, now my cousin is going to come with us to India. Maybe I can divert her attention to him about marriage seeing as he is older then me! Muhahahaha! :jive:

Hahah your little trip to India sounds eventful...marriages galore. Ooh could Nitzy herself be getting married :wink:
I'm in the library right now, anyone else?
Nitzy

Hah, I'm in FB.:p:

The old arranged marriage diversion? Hmm, it *might* work, but she may just get ideas of a buy-one-get-one-free shaadi.:eek:
Bubbles*de*Milo
I'm in the library right now, anyone else?

Nah, I'm over in FB, where the cool people are; well, I say cool, but it's just me and some hijaabis talking about mens underwear.:cool:
I'm at home, where REALLY cool people go when they're not in lectures :p:
SuperSam_Fantastiche
I'm at home, where REALLY cool people go when they're not in lectures :p:

Lol, I would if I didn't have lectures later; a three hour round trip is not cool.:nah:

Plus, at least in here I'm doing *some* work. Are you?:eek: :shifty:
fleur_de_haine
Lol, I would if I didn't have lectures later; a three hour round trip is not cool.:nah:

Plus, at least in here I'm doing *some* work. Are you?:eek: :shifty:

FB is so overrated. Library's where it's hangin. :cool:

Latest