Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For some unknow reason I don't have a wall on facebook.

I don't know why and without having to set a new account which is something I don't want to do, how do I get one? I can't seem to suss it out.

ReputationRep:
    You're probably looking at your home page rather than your profile page? Or I think there is an option in account settings to switch off the wall.

ReputationRep:
    The new facebook doesn't have a wall. It appears on your profile's feed when someone writes on it.

Have a look at 'older posts' on your feed on your profile page, and you might see some wall postings.

ReputationRep:
    I know how to get it back!

Click on 'profile' then 'wall'. Under the 'update status' bar, there are some options that say 'all posts', 'posts by 'your name' 'posts by others' and 'settings'

In the 'settings', theres an option to say 'friends can post on my wall'. Make sure thats ticked

That should work!x

ReputationRep:
    My facebook page has a wall and I"m using the new version. I think the OP is probably looking at the home page. Just click where it says "profile" and your wall should come up.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had any wall postings ever and I've had facebook for about a year now.

My friend mentioned it to me (that I didn't have one)

I tried what Ccharlyy said with no look. It doesn't say all posts etc in my profile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    I've never had any wall postings ever and I've had facebook for about a year now.

My friend mentioned it to me (that I didn't have one)

I tried what Ccharlyy said with no look. It doesn't say all posts etc in my profile.

hmm... thats wierd...
    what does it say directly under the update status button?
    I'm sure thats where wall settings should be...

You got me confused now!

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.