Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anybody staying there this year? If so, what do ya think of it?

vix xx

ReputationRep:
    I went there on the open day and it seemed ok. Flats with 5 rooms I think. Big kitchen, rooms were a bit small. Bathrooms were a bit icky. Didnt like the bars on the window thing going on. It seemed a bit claustrophobic for me. But I heard its meant to be very social cos its big and alrite for a yr.
    Love Dani -x-

ReputationRep:
    My brother is at Leeds now in St Marks...he applied for accommodation really early, applied for Montague Burton and didn't get it. He said a lot of the people in St Marks applied for Montague but didn't get it and got put in St Marks instead. So I'd guess it's pretty good, but quite highly sought after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickstaaa_86)
    Anybody staying there this year? If so, what do ya think of it?

vix xx
    I'm there now, i'm not sure what you want to know.

It's very close to the university, it takes about 5 minutes to walk to the Parkinson building (one of the main buildings of the university) and within about 10 minutes you're right on campus.

Internet's included in accommodation. No en-suites, just sinks in rooms. Flats are shared in groups of 5. The toilet and shower are in separate rooms. I've seen some small rooms and some rooms are big - it's just the luck of the draw.

There are blocks of flats from A - N (but no I Block) you can gain access to any of these blocks with the your flat key, but not gain access into the actual flats. There is no communal lounge or anything like that; which may be a dis-advantage.

If there's anything else you want to know, ask away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachplatt)
    My brother is at Leeds now in St Marks...he applied for accommodation really early, applied for Montague Burton and didn't get it. He said a lot of the people in St Marks applied for Montague but didn't get it and got put in St Marks instead. So I'd guess it's pretty good, but quite highly sought after.
    Same as me - applied for Montague Burton, but got put in St Marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK)
    Same as me - applied for Montague Burton, but got put in St Marks
    It seems that is what happened to a lot of people who are in St Marks now. It kinda puts me off bothering to choose accommodation (if i go there) if I know that chances are it will be done randomly anyway.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.