toffecup
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello! I’m in year 12 and I want to do adult nursing but the universities I want to go to have BBC or at least BCC entry requirements. Would I have a chance with ABD predicted grades or should I be looking for ones that accept 112 UCAS points? :/ If not does anyone know if applying through clearing is worth it since it’s competitive for places anyway?
bwcity99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's probably worth applying - what is your D prediction for? And what are the other subjects you are studying?

Often courses will accept one grade higher, one grade lower if they like your overall application and combination of subjects. So BBC and ABD could be alternatives to each other, but that's not guaranteed. You should contact their admissions officer for more information. Also, they are just predictions! You may get an offer to meet the required grades, as you are currently only one grade short.
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Go for points Unis - they are usually actually better for vocational courses like Nursing anyway.
That D grade will ring alarm bells to any Uni wanting specific grades - and I hope it isnt Biology.
Allyson2020
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by toffecup)
Hello! I’m in year 12 and I want to do adult nursing but the universities I want to go to have BBC or at least BCC entry requirements. Would I have a chance with ABD predicted grades or should I be looking for ones that accept 112 UCAS points? :/ If not does anyone know if applying through clearing is worth it since it’s competitive for places anyway?
Each university states it own entry requirements and the best thing for you to do is contact the universities you chosen to apply to for nursing to check what grades you got will be fine or not and then if need to aim to achieve these.

You normally require maths, english and a science subject ( normally biology ).

Adult nursing there's lots of places usually available for this compared to likes of children or midwifery as hospitals etc requires more adult nurses than any other area.

I'm a dual registered adult & midwife nurse.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (17)
18.89%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (25)
27.78%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (8)
8.89%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (9)
10%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
5.56%
I think it's an unfair expectation (24)
26.67%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
2.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise