Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is your own interpretation of Liverpool? Obviously people's views who live there will differ to the ones that don't, how do you see it represented whether you live in Liverpool or not, and what is your views on the city?

ReputationRep:
    The council is a joke, the organisation is a joke. Outside of the city centre there are sooo many problems that are being ignored. This Capital of Culture did not come along at the best time :no:
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I think it has a bad reputation, but I love the city.

ReputationRep:
    It's filled with scousers.

ReputationRep:
    Never been but not too keen on the accent *waits for neg rep* It never struck me as a city of culture, but then again I don't know enough about it to say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Nice observation haha

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool is a very poorly represented city, I think the rest of the country sees us as some scally backwater with absolutely nothing to offer, except the occasional bigoted comedian. It's just not the case, and I can't understand how much bad press it gets. Liverpool is without a doubt, one of the most exciting and vibrant cities in the country, it is bursting with life, and culture, and opportunity. I don't think I realised quite how much that's true until I left.

eta: the council is a joke, though.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I know about Liverpool is the Beatles :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    Liverpool is a very poorly represented city, I think the rest of the country sees us as some scally backwater with absolutely nothing to offer, except the occasional bigoted comedian. It's just not the case, and I can't understand how much bad press it gets. Liverpool is without a doubt, one of the most exciting and vibrant cities in the country, it is bursting with life, and culture, and opportunity. I don't think I realised quite how much that's true until I left.

eta: the council is a joke, though.
    Here, here! Well said, it does need repping better not only by the council and leaders but the people that live in here too, any one who lives here noticed that the scally wag lowie wearing 'thugs' are finally being out numbered

ReputationRep:
    ey! calm down, calm down!

ReputationRep:
    Four Chav's pissing on a tramp as pregnant 16 year old vomits into the gutter after a heavy nights drinking...

Its not disney land!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob McK)
    I'm sorry to say this but i've lived in this city my whole life, nearly 18 years, and i've not once heard a 'scouser' say that! Boooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chapel)
    Four Chav's pissing on a tramp as pregnant 16 year old vomits into the gutter after a heavy nights drinking...

Its not disney land!
    Sorry, are we talking about Manchester? Forgive me for being ignorant towards Manchester (just and example), like your good self towards Liverpool

It's just like every other city!

ReputationRep:
    Nah, whenever the council will promote Liverpool they will show the couple of square miles of city centre that attracts so many tourists. Then they will show the growing expensive suburbs where loads of nice normal families are moving. What about all the **** in between?

ReputationRep:
    You beat me to it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaec)
    I'm sorry to say this but i've lived in this city my whole life, nearly 18 years, and i've not once heard a 'scouser' say that! Boooo
    makes sense, liverpool is a tranquil safe haven of art and literature, there would never be any need for anyone to calm down in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    True, the suburbs are poor until you reach Aintree in one direction, which is where I live. Between the edge of the centre to say Walton is a mess, from Aintree through Maghull upto Ormskirk is lovely, shame about the crap in the middle!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaec)
    Sorry, are we talking about Manchester? Forgive me for being ignorant towards Manchester (just and example), like your good self towards Liverpool

It's just like every other city!

I live in liverpool! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    makes sense, liverpool is a tranquil safe haven of art and literature, there would never be any need for anyone to calm down in the first place.
    Har har!

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.