Best Universities in the UK to study Behavioural Economics, and should I take GMAT?

Watch
vanya_0809
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! I have been really interested in the field of Behavioural Economics and want to pursue it as my subject for my Master's degree. I just completed my Bachelors in Business Administration from India from a leading college and am currently taking a gap year to work on my startup.

My GPA wasn't that great, 3.31/4, however, I do have various other extracurricular activities to support my application.

My main aim is to study in London. Please help me out by suggesting the best Uni's offering this course, and should I consider taking the GMAT as an addition to help improve my application? (No uni has asked for a GMAT score for this course)

Been really confused lately, so your help will be really appreciated.
Houhouhin Kyouma
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nottingham is quite good for BE.
Though your prospects will be best if you go to LSE.
vanya_0809
Rep:
?
(Original post by Houhouhin Kyouma)
Nottingham is quite good for BE.
Though your prospects will be best if you go to LSE.
LSE is my main goal too! Do you find it'll be helpful to take GMAT even though the course isn't asking for it?
XanaXoid
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vanya_0809)
LSE is my main goal too! Do you find it'll be helpful to take GMAT even though the course isn't asking for it?
If you want to do BE I'm quite sure that LSE doesn't offer it
vanya_0809
Rep:
?
(Original post by XanaXoid)
If you want to do BE I'm quite sure that LSE doesn't offer it
They are offering MSc Behavioural Science, which is the closest degree I could find to BE at LSE. Mostly the course structure is very similar to BE but will look more extensively into it.
XanaXoid
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They are offering MSc Behavioural Science, which is the closest degree I could find to BE at LSE. Mostly the course structure is very similar to BE but will look more extensively into it.
Yeah I know I think I also suggested it to you in another thread. But I was looking at the modules and it doesn't have any econ modules. It's more a psychology and math degree or at least this is my point of view
Last edited by XanaXoid; 1 month ago
vanya_0809
Rep:
?
(Original post by XanaXoid)
Yeah I know I think I also suggested it to you in another thread. But I was looking at the modules and it doesn't have any econ modules. It's more a psychology and math degree or at least this is my point of view
That's a great point to take into consideration. I will surely make my research more module centric now to get a clearer insight. Thank you so much, truly very helpful!
Houhouhin Kyouma
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nope.
GRE is a better test in this context.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.67%
Excited but a bit nervous (146)
45.34%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.8%
I'm really nervous (65)
20.19%

Watched Threads