The Student Room Group

Best Universities in the UK to study Behavioural Economics, and should I take GMAT?

Hi! I have been really interested in the field of Behavioural Economics and want to pursue it as my subject for my Master's degree. I just completed my Bachelors in Business Administration from India from a leading college and am currently taking a gap year to work on my startup.

My GPA wasn't that great, 3.31/4, however, I do have various other extracurricular activities to support my application.

My main aim is to study in London. Please help me out by suggesting the best Uni's offering this course, and should I consider taking the GMAT as an addition to help improve my application? (No uni has asked for a GMAT score for this course)

Been really confused lately, so your help will be really appreciated.
Nottingham is quite good for BE.
Though your prospects will be best if you go to LSE.
Reply 2
Original post by Houhouhin Kyouma
Nottingham is quite good for BE.
Though your prospects will be best if you go to LSE.

LSE is my main goal too! Do you find it'll be helpful to take GMAT even though the course isn't asking for it?
Original post by vanya_0809
LSE is my main goal too! Do you find it'll be helpful to take GMAT even though the course isn't asking for it?

If you want to do BE I'm quite sure that LSE doesn't offer it
Reply 4
Original post by XanaXoid
If you want to do BE I'm quite sure that LSE doesn't offer it

They are offering MSc Behavioural Science, which is the closest degree I could find to BE at LSE. Mostly the course structure is very similar to BE but will look more extensively into it.
They are offering MSc Behavioural Science, which is the closest degree I could find to BE at LSE. Mostly the course structure is very similar to BE but will look more extensively into it.

Yeah I know I think I also suggested it to you in another thread. But I was looking at the modules and it doesn't have any econ modules. It's more a psychology and math degree or at least this is my point of view
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by XanaXoid
Yeah I know I think I also suggested it to you in another thread. But I was looking at the modules and it doesn't have any econ modules. It's more a psychology and math degree or at least this is my point of view

That's a great point to take into consideration. I will surely make my research more module centric now to get a clearer insight. Thank you so much, truly very helpful!

Nope.
GRE is a better test in this context.

Quick Reply

Latest