The Student Room Group

PLEASE HELP should i break up with my boyfriend

background: i’m 19 female he’s almost 21 and we’ve been together 1 year and 9 months. i live at home with my strict parents and he has his own place and has chill divorced parents. we also work together and share a lot of the same friends

so everything was fine for about a year then his ex step brother (this guys mum dated my bfs dad over 10 years ago) needed somewhere to live so he moved in with my boyfriend and he’s a bad influence: he smokes lots and sells ouid and is just rude. now my bf is more like him. my bday was in decembers for my bf came to my house but then left randomly bc his stepbro needed his keys? and i was so sad bc he left me for a dumb reason on my bday and it was really important for me especially with covid and not seeing people in ages ANYWAY in march i found out both of them were inappropriately talking to these 2 american girls it was so disgusting to read ew and i said to my bf wtf and he said it doesn’t matter bc he’s never going to meet them and he didn’t care i was mad about it.

he works a lot more than i do and bc of that we don’t see each other much at all (like 1-2 times a week considering we live a 10 min drive apart) and whenever we do his stepbro is there or he asks me to leave before he gets back.
i was having trouble with my mental health so i took a week off work 2 weeks ago now and he knew how i was feeling and he never once asked me or came to see me. also i asked to see him when he finished work a few times and sometimes he wouldn’t reply for a few hours then say he was out already or he’d just say he’s busy playing football or he’s too tired to see me.

another time it was bank holiday (he only gets saturday and mondays off work) and i said he should’ve planned something nice for the bank holiday bc it’s nice weather and he said it was too tiring. also i tried to get him to come with me to spoons with some friends and everytime i asked he said no bc he doesn’t want to spend money even tho i said i’d buy them???

it’s like he never wants to see me anymore and if we do meet it’s always my idea he doesn’t put any effort in anymore

i have spoken to him many times about this and he just turns it on me saying i’m ungrateful bc he’s bought me dinner before and he bought me presents for my birthday and things and our anniversary in the past? i’m fed up of trying so hard for nothing in return

and when we do meet it’s always indoors in his flat just having sex and he’s on his phone a lot
i’ve spoken to my parents and my friends mum and they all say to drop him and that he’s punching lol
i don’t think he’s cheating but i just want to know if he’s worth my time please help me

PS HES A LEO LOL
Reply 1
i forgot to say we didn’t do anything for valentine’s he didn’t even text me that day and i made him cookies, he was too busy with his stepbro. the honeymoon phase is completely gone aswell and we’re both on completely different paths in our lives. he’s busy saving money for a house and i’m thinking about going to uni next year
He really doesn't seem like he's prepared to put effort into the relationship. Also, his talking sexually with other girls and acting like it doesn't matter, when it clearly does matter to you, is awful behaviour on his part.

It would be very reasonable for you to want a lot more from a romantic partner, and to break up with him knowing that you can find someone who will treat you much better.
I'm not going to read all that but I'm going to take a lucky guess that it pretty much says he's been an ******* to you

So to answer your question: Yes
Reply 4
Imma be real your better off without him. There's really not much more to say it should be obvious to yeet outta that relationship.
Sorry to say this but it really is best if you breakup with him. He isn't the same guy you started dating. It may be ard considering how long you've been together but it's only going to get harder if you stay with him for even longer.
Original post by Anonymous
background: i’m 19 female he’s almost 21 and we’ve been together 1 year and 9 months. i live at home with my strict parents and he has his own place and has chill divorced parents. we also work together and share a lot of the same friends

so everything was fine for about a year then his ex step brother (this guys mum dated my bfs dad over 10 years ago) needed somewhere to live so he moved in with my boyfriend and he’s a bad influence: he smokes lots and sells ouid and is just rude. now my bf is more like him. my bday was in decembers for my bf came to my house but then left randomly bc his stepbro needed his keys? and i was so sad bc he left me for a dumb reason on my bday and it was really important for me especially with covid and not seeing people in ages ANYWAY in march i found out both of them were inappropriately talking to these 2 american girls it was so disgusting to read ew and i said to my bf wtf and he said it doesn’t matter bc he’s never going to meet them and he didn’t care i was mad about it.

he works a lot more than i do and bc of that we don’t see each other much at all (like 1-2 times a week considering we live a 10 min drive apart) and whenever we do his stepbro is there or he asks me to leave before he gets back.
i was having trouble with my mental health so i took a week off work 2 weeks ago now and he knew how i was feeling and he never once asked me or came to see me. also i asked to see him when he finished work a few times and sometimes he wouldn’t reply for a few hours then say he was out already or he’d just say he’s busy playing football or he’s too tired to see me.

another time it was bank holiday (he only gets saturday and mondays off work) and i said he should’ve planned something nice for the bank holiday bc it’s nice weather and he said it was too tiring. also i tried to get him to come with me to spoons with some friends and everytime i asked he said no bc he doesn’t want to spend money even tho i said i’d buy them???

it’s like he never wants to see me anymore and if we do meet it’s always my idea he doesn’t put any effort in anymore

i have spoken to him many times about this and he just turns it on me saying i’m ungrateful bc he’s bought me dinner before and he bought me presents for my birthday and things and our anniversary in the past? i’m fed up of trying so hard for nothing in return

and when we do meet it’s always indoors in his flat just having sex and he’s on his phone a lot
i’ve spoken to my parents and my friends mum and they all say to drop him and that he’s punching lol
i don’t think he’s cheating but i just want to know if he’s worth my time please help me

PS HES A LEO LOL

Honestly, he isn't worth the time or the stress. You can do a lot better love <3
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Jonathanツ
I'm not going to read all that but I'm going to take a lucky guess that it pretty much says he's been an ******* to you

So to answer your question: Yes

yeah sorry it’s so long 😅 it’s been crazy
Reply 8
i’m just worried i’ll regret my decision in the future but for now i think it’s for the best to break up. we had a fight the other day bc he thinks i lack ambition and i’m doing nothing productive with my life but our lives are completely different and he doesn’t really know anything about me tbf
PS HES A LEO

lol what's his star sign got to do with this
Original post by Qxi.xli
lol what's his star sign got to do with this

astrology ppl know lol nothing really just a heads up 😂
Reply 11
Anyone who has spoken to loads of people about breaking up with someone and then thinks that asking a bunch of strangers to provide an answer...already knows the answer. 😂
You are being pretty needy. He might be having a hard stressful time too since he said he's too tired to leave the house lol. Usually happens when you're depressed, stressed, etc. You have no energy to do anything.

But I do think you're not compatible. You literally have nothing good to say about him. Relationship is dead lmao.
astrology ppl know lol nothing really just a heads up 😂

What's your sign? Cancer? lol.
Original post by Chicken.M.
What's your sign? Cancer? lol.

i’m a capricorn lol
Original post by Chicken.M.
You are being pretty needy. He might be having a hard stressful time too since he said he's too tired to leave the house lol. Usually happens when you're depressed, stressed, etc. You have no energy to do anything.

But I do think you're not compatible. You literally have nothing good to say about him. Relationship is dead lmao.

i thought that too but i’ve tried talking to him so many times and he always says he’s fine. i know i don’t have anything good to say about him but tbh there’s nothing good about him anymore he’s like a different person now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending