How should I tell my teacher that she saved my life?

Watch
sk8kirsty
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How should I go about letting a teacher know they saved my life? I have a close bond with this teacher and she knows me very well and knows everything I have been through and am going through. When I had no one and was about to end my life, I turned to this teacher to seek help and she pulled me out of the dark place I was in. She has brought me to find light and joy in this world and I am forever grateful for her. I honestly might not be here if it wasn't for her, as she was the only person I had and the only person who cared to help me. She deserves the world and I want to thank her so badly for saving me, but I'm not sure how to do that without it sounding weird. Any advice on what I could say to her?
Last edited by sk8kirsty; 1 month ago
Jonathanツ
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just give her a hug
sk8kirsty
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jonathanツ)
Just give her a hug
That's a good idea, I will, thanks. But surely she will ask for a reason for me hugging her or want some sort of elaboration? And I suppose I would need a reason to hug her so like how would I ask for a hug?
Jonathanツ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sk8kirsty)
That's a good idea, I will, thanks. But surely she will ask for a reason for me hugging her or want some sort of elaboration? And I suppose I would need a reason to hug her so like how would I ask for a hug?
You say: "Thank you so much for saving my life" *Tear up a bit* Then say: "Can I give you a hug?" *Hug*
sk8kirsty
Rep:
?
You say: "Thank you so much for saving my life" *Tear up a bit* Then say: "Can I give you a hug?" *Hug*
Awh yes! perfect! thank you 😁
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You could write a letter.
sk8kirsty
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
You could write a letter.
Good idea. what should I write in it?
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not sure to be honest - but I think it would be easier for you to get everything you wanted to say that way. Plus people hardly send letters now so it could be a bit more special
sk8kirsty
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
I'm not sure to be honest - but I think it would be easier for you to get everything you wanted to say that way. Plus people hardly send letters now so it could be a bit more special
Yeah true, I think she would really appreciate getting a letter actually. thank you! 😊
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn't hug the teacher, to be honest. It could make her feel uncomfortable.

I think that giving her a pretty card would be fine - I saw a nice selection in a large Post Office the other day, they have photographs of flowers and lakes on them, that kind of thing.

It doesn't need to be a long message, just saying thank you.
Last edited by Kerzen; 1 month ago
sk8kirsty
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
I wouldn't hug the teacher, to be honest. It could make her feel uncomfortable.

I think that giving her a pretty card would be fine - I saw a nice selection in a large Post Office the other day, they have photographs of flowers and lakes on them, that kind of thing.

It doesn't need to be a long message, just saying thank you.
Ah yeah true. although we have had hugs before and she often hugs me when I am sad to cheer me up, so I know she is fine with that. although, there is always a reason for a hug, so if I did hug her I would also have to tell her why as well ahah. but yes a nice card would be a good idea 😊
Chisjsgeusiaibdv
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Xyz,

As I find it difficult to articulate and say this out loud, I want to show my appreciation for you through this letter. Thank you for listening and being there for me during the times where I was unable to pick myself up. Your comforting and supportive words have genuinely and quite literally saved me. I hope to use the support you gave me to continue to make myself and you proud.

I am sincerely grateful for all that you have done, and will show my appreciation for this by working on my own successes.

Idk how to end it lol

Also, make sure you’re careful to not make it seem like a goodbye note cause yk

I’m proud of you by the way! I’m glad your teacher is your teacher
sk8kirsty
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chisjsgeusiaibdv)
Xyz,

As I find it difficult to articulate and say this out loud, I want to show my appreciation for you through this letter. Thank you for listening and being there for me during the times where I was unable to pick myself up. Your comforting and supportive words have genuinely and quite literally saved me. I hope to use the support you gave me to continue to make myself and you proud.

I am sincerely grateful for all that you have done, and will show my appreciation for this by working on my own successes.

Idk how to end it lol

Also, make sure you’re careful to not make it seem like a goodbye note cause yk

I’m proud of you by the way! I’m glad your teacher is your teacher
Thank you so much! that seems like a perfect letter format actually so I will definitely use that. 😊

Ahh thanks! that means a lot!
iwriteletters
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
love this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
32.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
5.88%
No I am happy with my choice (19)
55.88%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (2)
5.88%

Watched Threads