How to lose 15kg without going to the gym?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My parents won’t let me go to the gym. At the beginning of lockdown, I was around 57kg. Now, I’m 70kg and I’m so insecure and I want to lose at least 10kg. What do I do? I’m 5’6 btw.
Also, if I go for a 1 hour walk everyday can that help me lose weight?
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unless you're exercising a lot, your diet is going to be far more important.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by alow)
Unless you're exercising a lot, your diet is going to be far more important.
What do you recommend for diet? Also will I lose weight if I go for a walk for an hour everyday but do nothing after with good diet?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Change your diet, increase your daily exercise, restrict takeaways to a couple of times a month, reduce meal portion sizes, drink more still unflavoured water, implement a daily calorie restriction.
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What do you recommend for diet? Also will I lose weight if I go for a walk for an hour everyday but do nothing after with good diet?
In an ideal world, a healthy diet is mostly made up of whole foods (whole veggies, fruit, whole-grain carbs), lean proteins (beans, tofu, lean meats), and healthy sources of fats (avocado, eggs).

However, you can eat whatever rubbish you like and still lose weight, not that I would recommend that. Use a calorie counting app (like MyFitnessPal), and as long as you are consuming less energy than you are using, then you will lose weight.

Excercise is great for you and walking an hour a day is a really good thing to do, but it's really easy to eat a chocolate bar which completely undoes any weight-losing effects of a short walk.
Leesha31
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi I managed to lose 10KG purely from changes to my diet, so it is definitely possible. This was during the first lockdown xxx
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
Change your diet, increase your daily exercise, restrict takeaways to a couple of times a month, reduce meal portion sizes, drink more still unflavoured water, implement a daily calorie restriction.
What does exercise count as
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Leesha31)
Hi I managed to lose 10KG purely from changes to my diet, so it is definitely possible. This was during the first lockdown xxx
Thank you! Can you give me some tips on diet change?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What does exercise count as
Walking, jogging, swimming, youtube workouts.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
Walking, jogging, swimming, youtube workouts.
Thank you so much! Have a good day!
DarthRoar
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your weight is all about calories in, calories out. If you consume as many calories as you use, you will maintain your current weight. If you consume more calories than you use, you will gain weight. If you consume fewer calories than you use, you will lose weight. Find out how many calories you use each day here: https://www.calculator.net/tdee-calculator.html

There are approximately 7,000 calories of energy in 1kg of fat. Therefore, to lose 1kg of fat, you must use 7,000 more calories than you eat.

Walking for 1 hour will use around 300 calories. If you walk for an hour each day, it will take 350 days to use energy equivalent to 15kg of fat.

Alternatively, you could reduce your calorie intake. If you consume 500 fewer calories than you use every day, you should expect to lose 0.5kg per week, or 15kg in 8 months. If you consume 1,000 fewer calories than you use every day, you should expect to lose 1kg per week, or 15kg in under 4 months.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DarthRoar)
Your weight is all about calories in, calories out. If you consume as many calories as you use, you will maintain your current weight. If you consume more calories than you use, you will gain weight. If you consume fewer calories than you use, you will lose weight. Find out how many calories you use each day here: https://www.calculator.net/tdee-calculator.html

There are approximately 7,000 calories of energy in 1kg of fat. Therefore, to lose 1kg of fat, you must use 7,000 more calories than you eat.

Walking for 1 hour will use around 300 calories. If you walk for an hour each day, it will take 350 days to use energy equivalent to 15kg of fat.

Alternatively, you could reduce your calorie intake. If you consume 500 fewer calories than you use every day, you should expect to lose 0.5kg per week, or 15kg in 8 months. If you consume 1,000 fewer calories than you use every day, you should expect to lose 1kg per week, or 15kg in under 4 months.
Thank you!!
Leesha31
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you! Can you give me some tips on diet change?
One of the biggest game changers for me was increasing my water in take. It made a hugeeeeee difference!! I think it’s also about figuring what works best foe you love.

For example some people have 3/4 small meals during the day. Whereas for me, One big meal in the day and a weetabix in the morning worked for me. But this is just me. I would have one big meal, which included broccoli and veg boiled, scrambled eggs and rice/ chicken. Or whatever I would that day.

A lot of people I spoke to said to me I shouldn’t do that, and I should have 3 meals a day. However, it didn’t work for me at all.

I hope what I said made sense, but the water thing is definitely very good. And also take your measurements and before pictures they help motivate you a lot xx
DanGreenberg
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not a fitness expert here but was overweight at one point.
One simple tip. Drink tons of water. I mean excessive amounts. A hack that helped me was to get a large 2 litre bottle like this one I'll link here.
https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=...BAgBEBY&adurl=
It makes you drink alot more. It might be overwhelming at first but once you build up tolerance it can help you lose a tiny bit more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (37)
15.61%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (72)
30.38%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (29)
12.24%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (20)
8.44%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (13)
5.49%
I think it's an unfair expectation (63)
26.58%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.27%

Watched Threads