I’m applying for masters with 2:2, post grad cert & few other courses

Watch
multirenaissance
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, Hope you ok during these challenging times. I am appreciating it as surprised still alive. I would like advice. I have ok school grades. A 2:2 from a London new uni, a post grad cert and another course. I could explain mitigating circumstances.
I am considering the previous unis as get alumni discount for masters or other unis that will consider 2:2. Also am somewhere where the uni asks for 2:1 and have enquired if will consider me. Also need advice on the statement.
Also have a lot of varied work and study experiences so I do find it difficult to chose but will probs be out of my hands and more with the admissions department. Stay safe
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by multirenaissance)
Hi, Hope you ok during these challenging times. I am appreciating it as surprised still alive. I would like advice. I have ok school grades. A 2:2 from a London new uni, a post grad cert and another course. I could explain mitigating circumstances.
I am considering the previous unis as get alumni discount for masters or other unis that will consider 2:2. Also am somewhere where the uni asks for 2:1 and have enquired if will consider me. Also need advice on the statement.
Also have a lot of varied work and study experiences so I do find it difficult to chose but will probs be out of my hands and more with the admissions department. Stay safe
I've got onto a MSc with a 2:2 degree and a PGDip, so yeah you should be fine. I think the admin department is more concerned about whether you will be sufficiently skilled and knowledgeable enough to succeed in the course.
Don't get me wrong, I have my fair share of rejections from a number of universities that weren't sure about me because of the grade from the first degree, but many won't exclude you if you sufficiently meet the entry requirements in your diploma.
multirenaissance
Rep:
?
Hi Mind Max 2000 many thanks for the reply and encouragement and I see I may need to be ready to be rejected. Hope you don’t mind me asking but where and what did you study at MSC level? Many thanks 🙏🏽
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by multirenaissance)
Hi Mind Max 2000 many thanks for the reply and encouragement and I see I may need to be ready to be rejected. Hope you don’t mind me asking but where and what did you study at MSC level? Many thanks 🙏🏽
I'm not keen to reveal where I have studied, but I did it in Money Banking and Finance. It wasn't a Russell Group uni, but it had one of the best management schools in the country.
multirenaissance
Rep:
?
Ok thanks for sharing. Still not heard back from where I am. However making progress with other places.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (9)
37.5%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
8.33%
No I am happy with my choice (13)
54.17%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads