MoneyMase2020
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My friend wanted me to use the forum to ask for help ASAP:
she got an email to confirm her offer for university of liverpool on thursday for medicine however foolishly she thought you had to confirm by AUGUST\after results! She saw it on friday (Was too late) and now has to wait till monday to call them etc. She is panicking and wants advice. Has she lost her place etc
MoneyMase2020
Rep:
?
shes a gap year student and never experienced the process of firming as she got rejected mostly, i feel so so bad hopefully liverpool and the universe treats her well
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MoneyMase2020)
she got an email to confirm her offer for university of liverpool on thursday for medicine however foolishly she thought you had to confirm by AUGUST\after results! She saw it on friday (Was too late) and now has to wait till monday to call them etc. She is panicking and wants advice. Has she lost her place etc
What can she see when she logs in to UCAS?
mimimarinho03
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it literally says the deadline on UCAS how did she not see it...
MoneyMase2020
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
What can she see when she logs in to UCAS?
she sees that "your offers have been declined" (something along the line for that) , and then it says "you still have 14 days to contact ucas and liverppol for the offer to be changed" (something along the line of that), sorry i cannot remember what she said properly shes just panicking.
MoneyMase2020
Rep:
?
(Original post by mimimarinho03)
it literally says the deadline on UCAS how did she not see it...
dont ask me mate, if your going to leave a comment might aswell be a useful one, allow the negativity g
mimimarinho03
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
dont ask me mate, if your going to leave a comment might aswell be a useful one, allow the negativity g
lol ok I'm not being negative it's a genuine question and your friend can prob just call UCAS on Monday...
MoneyMase2020
Rep:
?
(Original post by mimimarinho03)
lol ok I'm not being negative it's a genuine question and your friend can prob just call UCAS on Monday...
yeah on the website it says shes able to change her offer or something within 14 days, shes going to call UCAS on monday as well as the University, hope it goes well
And i know, i asked her as well. But yeah i just feel bad right now
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
she sees that "your offers have been declined" (something along the line for that) , and then it says "you still have 14 days to contact ucas and liverppol for the offer to be changed" (something along the line of that), sorry i cannot remember what she said properly shes just panicking.
Yes, the impression I get is that there is still scope for the situation to be remedied if she acts within 14 days.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...-your-deadline

I would be inclined to suggest sending a message immediately via Facebook and then ringing at 08 30 on Monday morning.

https://www.facebook.com/ucasonline
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There is a question on the UCAS FB page where someone asks what will happen if she has missed the June 10 deadline and UCAS answer as follows:

"If you missed the deadline to reply and your choices have been Declined By Default, don't worry!

You now have 14 days to call us and make your replies. To do so, please call us on 0371 468 0 468 or +44 330 333 0230 (from outside the UK) and one of the team will sort that out for you."
MoneyMase2020
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
There is a question on the UCAS FB page where someone asks what will happen if she has missed the June 10 deadline and UCAS answer as follows:

"If you missed the deadline to reply and your choices have been Declined By Default, don't worry!

You now have 14 days to call us and make your replies. To do so, please call us on 0371 468 0 468 or +44 330 333 0230 (from outside the UK) and one of the team will sort that out for you."
OKAY thanks!, she said she will and shes messaging them on facebook rightnow.
..M..
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there, I had that same message on UCAS track along the lines of ‘It may be possible for you to still accept these offers within 14 days’ (though for me it was because there was a glitch in the system and all my offers were declined without me doing it!! 😐). So I understand the major panic about losing a place after all these months of hard work and thinking what the hell am I gonna do next year.... But I made sure I rang up at 8:30 on the dot and I explained the situation to UCAS and they were really understanding and in about 5 minutes it was all resolved and they accepted the offer for me I also got a list ready for the morning, of the contact number of the unis themselves, to talk to them directly incase UCAS didn’t help, which is maybe something she could have at the ready. Like an above comment said, she could also contact them on Facebook/Insta. When I first saw my offers were gone in the stress of it all I contacted UCAS in a direct message on Facebook and someone actually replied after a while (though as it’s the weekend I don’t know if they will) 😅 Wish her luck from me, as long as she explains her situation and the misunderstanding of the deadline hopefully they’ll understand and it will all be fine xx
Last edited by ..M..; 1 month ago
MoneyMase2020
Rep:
?
(Original post by ..M..)
Hi there, I had that same message on UCAS track along the lines of ‘It may be possible for you to still accept these offers within 14 days’ (though for me it was because there was a glitch in the system and all my offers were declined without me doing it!! 😐). So I understand the major panic about losing a place after all these months of hard work and thinking what the hell am I gonna do next year.... But I made sure I rang up at 8:30 on the dot and I explained the situation to UCAS and they were really understanding and in about 5 minutes it was all resolved and they accepted the offer for me I also got a list ready for the morning, of the contact number of the unis themselves, to talk to them directly incase UCAS didn’t help, which is maybe something she could have at the ready. Like an above comment said, she could also contact them on Facebook/Insta. When I first saw my offers were gone in the stress of it all I contacted UCAS in a direct message on Facebook and someone actually replied after a while (though as it’s the weekend I don’t know if they will) 😅 Wish her luck from me, as long as she explains her situation and the misunderstanding of the deadline hopefully they’ll understand and it will all be fine xx
haha great, thank you. She already emailed but will make sure to call up all the contacts on monday, it should be fine.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s not a problem. Ucas will put it right in 5 minutes over the phone on Monday.

Lots of applicants make this mistake, especially those with deferred offers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
30%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.09%
No I am happy with my choice (60)
54.55%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.36%

Watched Threads