The Student Room Group

Should I make a move on my crush?

I met this guy in my uni a few weeks ago and we really hit it off. We're both shy but have a lot in common. I asked for his number and later he asked me to hang out. We now go out every week but he doesn't text me much, only to make plans or if I text him first. He's kinda awkward over text. We're going out next week but he leaves the week after next for summer holiday so maybe this would be our last hang out before he comes back, and I was think if he suggests we hang out again shortly before he leaves I'll probably drop a hint that I fancy him, but I don't know if it's worth it. I'm also shy and don't know how to make a move, but I don't lose anything I guess? I'm interested in him, but not head over heels. Any advice? Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I met this guy in my uni a few weeks ago and we really hit it off. We're both shy but have a lot in common. I asked for his number and later he asked me to hang out. We now go out every week but he doesn't text me much, only to make plans or if I text him first. He's kinda awkward over text. We're going out next week but he leaves the week after next for summer holiday so maybe this would be our last hang out before he comes back, and I was think if he suggests we hang out again shortly before he leaves I'll probably drop a hint that I fancy him, but I don't know if it's worth it. I'm also shy and don't know how to make a move, but I don't lose anything I guess? I'm interested in him, but not head over heels. Any advice? Thanks!

Well you kind of answered yourself essentially it is now or never as over summer feelings would have faded so I would go for it.

If you do tell him and he doesn’t feel the same way, would you be able to hang out with him like you are now? If yes, then tell him cause you won’t lose anything. If you don’t shoot you can’t score 🤷🏽*♀️
Reply 3
Well you kind of answered yourself essentially it is now or never as over summer feelings would have faded so I would go for it.

Thanks for the reply! How do I hint at it though? I'm too shy and scared and have no clue lol
Reply 4
If you do tell him and he doesn’t feel the same way, would you be able to hang out with him like you are now? If yes, then tell him cause you won’t lose anything. If you don’t shoot you can’t score 🤷🏽*♀️

I am not so sure actually, I wouldn't want it to be weird between us, that's why I want to 'hint at it' instead of directly telling him, even if it's just a small crush.
Reply 5
Go for it!!! Don’t wanna live with regrets or ‘what ifs’. Wishing you the best for if you do open up about your feelings to him 🤞:smile:
I am not so sure actually, I wouldn't want it to be weird between us, that's why I want to 'hint at it' instead of directly telling him, even if it's just a small crush.

Idk if this is a poor advice but checking up on him like “hey, how was your day?” And saying good morning or something

Like that’s a subtle subtle hint (unless you already do this, which I don’t think you do?)
Reply 7
Original post by ..M..
Go for it!!! Don’t wanna live with regrets or ‘what ifs’. Wishing you the best for if you do open up about your feelings to him 🤞:smile:

Thanks! I want to 'test the water' a bit first before I actually say something more explicit, lol. I want him to be a friend if we don't end up in a relationship.
Thanks for the reply! How do I hint at it though? I'm too shy and scared and have no clue lol

No offence but in order to avoid misunderstandings you should just be straightforward as possible (just say something like "I like you" etc) and also since this appears to be your only chance before the holidays this is analagous (in militaristic terms) to launching a final, major offensive in a bid to achieve a decisive victory so you would not want to beat round the bushes.

If you do not want to convey your feelings for him verbally maybe try leaning in for a kiss and see what happens?
Just flirt with him and touch him alot and give him this look :sexface: he should get the hint and hopefully make a move.
Idk if this is a poor advice but checking up on him like “hey, how was your day?” And saying good morning or something

Like that’s a subtle subtle hint (unless you already do this, which I don’t think you do?)

Yes, I do already! And we've talked about where to go when he comes back, or even how lucky we were to have met each other, but not a hint. Lol!
No offence but in order to avoid misunderstandings you should just be straightforward as possible (just say something like "I like you" etc) and also since this appears to be your only chance before the holidays this is analagous (in militaristic terms) to launching a final, major offensive in a bid to achieve a decisive victory so you would not want to beat round the bushes.

If you do not want to convey your feelings for him verbally maybe try leaning in for a kiss and see what happens?

Arrrrrgh this is killing me as a super introvert!!!
Original post by Mr T 999
Just flirt with him and touch him alot and give him this look :sexface: he should get the hint and hopefully make a move.

But I don't know how to flirt, lol!

I think leaning in for a kiss would be hard to get over if the feeling’s not mutual and he dodges it or something. Maybe like sitting closer than usual or leaning on their shoulders or something.
Arrrrrgh this is killing me as a super introvert!!!

I am an introvert too but that would be what I would do😂
I think leaning in for a kiss would be hard to get over if the feeling’s not mutual and he dodges it or something. Maybe like sitting closer than usual or leaning on their shoulders or something.

We already do that, but I don't know 😭
I am an introvert too but that would be what I would do😂

Ah you're very brave, kudos to you! I wish I could do the same!
Ah you're very brave, kudos to you! I wish I could do the same!

I really think you should do it because to me it would be such an honour knowing that someone likes me:smile: but again you do you you need to do what you feel comfortable with; whatever happens... good luck😂
I really think you should do it because to me it would be such an honour knowing that someone likes me:smile: but again you do you you need to do what you feel comfortable with; whatever happens... good luck😂

Thank you!!
But I don't know how to flirt, lol!

Compliment him and lightly touch his hand and arm with your hand. And give him a seductive look :sexface: that look is important it convays interest and if he likes you he'll make a move.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending