Why is he judging me so harshly randomly?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve been talking to this guy for a month who I matched with on tinder, he told me he’s not a relationship type person and doesn’t do well with commitment but we got along really well, I immediately crossed him off as being a potential partner and he didn’t seem too interested in wanting to be my boyfriend but I wasn’t over my ex either so I didn’t care. Despite this we flirt all the time, have phone convos, talk all day. I’ve not met him because I’m away at college and he never even initiated meeting. I’m not THAT interested but it was fun having someone new to talk to after I was heartbroken. Hes really nice to me too and sweet and always acts like he wants to be there for me.

However, only two days ago he saw a screenshot of me and another guys text conversation where this guy said he got out of jail and then made a sexual remark to me. This is just a random guy i have on snap and who I don’t know in real life nor am interested in this person I just found the sexual joke funny as it was so random and out of nowhere, I literally spoke to this person for 2 minutes. And suddenly he starts saying that he didn’t think I was the type of girl to entertain convicts and losers and I explained to him I’m not, I don’t know this person and he’s now saying it’s ruined his “image of” me and that he’s disappointed in me which is so harsh! He’s judging me so harshly and I don’t know why - I think it’s super unfair seeing as he also doesn’t know me that well but he keeps going on about it, saying “this is really what you do in your spare time, talk to bums?” And acting like my rep is stained or something. Why is he doing this ? What should I do about it?
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
Have you considered talking to him about this...?
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
From the sounds of it, he’s behaving as if he’s changed his perception of you pretty quickly without even understanding your explanation...

What was the sexual remark and what was said?
You were talking to him, entertaining it? Because he wouldn’t be saying you were “talking” to the guy that came out of prison...

I think you should either a) talk to him about it or b) accept that he now doesn’t rate you anymore and block him.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
From the sounds of it, he’s behaving as if he’s changed his perception of you pretty quickly without even understanding your explanation...

What was the sexual remark and what was said?
You were talking to him, entertaining it? Because he wouldn’t be saying you were “talking” to the guy that came out of prison...

I think you should either a) talk to him about it or b) accept that he now doesn’t rate you anymore and block him.
No I wasn’t, it was a screenshot of a convo this guy was telling me he got out of jail and I was like oh god, planning on staying out? And then he made a joke saying that as long as I was letting him in my bed he would. That was it. Keep in mind I don’t know this person and I explained it to him but he wasn’t having it and accused me of flirting , said he couldn’t wrap his head around why I would be talking to “that kind of person” . Kept on asking what I gain out of speaking to these kind of people. I explained to him I don’t talk to these type of people it was literally a 3 min convo with a random guy off snap who popped up to me randomly. I’ve just ignored him because he’s being ridiculous. I just aired his message after he said his image of me is ruined because I cba. He’s been the first person to view my stories since me airing him.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
No I wasn’t, it was a screenshot of a convo this guy was telling me he got out of jail and I was like oh god, planning on staying out? And then he made a joke saying that as long as I was letting him in my bed he would. That was it. Keep in mind I don’t know this person and I explained it to him but he wasn’t having it and accused me of flirting , said he couldn’t wrap his head around why I would be talking to “that kind of person” . Kept on asking what I gain out of speaking to these kind of people. I explained to him I don’t talk to these type of people it was literally a 3 min convo with a random guy off snap who popped up to me randomly. I’ve just ignored him because he’s being ridiculous. I just aired his message after he said his image of me is ruined because I cba. He’s been the first person to view my stories since me airing him.

This is so random....

This other guy you’ve been seeing might just be feeling played that you’re flirting/ engaging with strangers which is quite outrageous considering you aren’t even together.....

If he doesn’t understand you, maybe it’s meant to be over. Clearly he’s not having it.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (61)
22.26%
Excited but a bit nervous (125)
45.62%
Not bothered either way (35)
12.77%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.34%

Watched Threads