The Student Room Group

First gay date help

So I’m female, almost 20 and I’ve finally accepted my interest in girls and got tinder. Started talking to one girl and I actually asked to meet up which is something I never do.

She says she’s down to do whatever but I have no idea what to do, what to say, how to act. And I’m stressing

I’m not flirty irl at all. I just can’t do it. I want to be but it’s just so unnatural.

If anyone is up for it, please oh please give a little advice on what to do and good first date conversations
Maybe even things to avoid if you’re willing

Thank you
Mostly just take it easy! This is not a huge deal. You've met someone whose company you enjoy, and you're going to go be with them and have a good time together. That's all. Don't push yourself to flirt with her, but ask questions because you want to get to know her better and show an interest, and if an opportunity arises where it would be natural to say/do something romantic or flirty, take it. Relax and have fun :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
So I’m female, almost 20 and I’ve finally accepted my interest in girls and got tinder. Started talking to one girl and I actually asked to meet up which is something I never do.

She says she’s down to do whatever but I have no idea what to do, what to say, how to act. And I’m stressing

I’m not flirty irl at all. I just can’t do it. I want to be but it’s just so unnatural.

If anyone is up for it, please oh please give a little advice on what to do and good first date conversations
Maybe even things to avoid if you’re willing

Thank you

If you're trying to flirt, stay in your lower octave (i think thats what its called) of voice. Like lower pitch/deeper voice. When you give a girl a compliment, you normally make your voice higher without realising, don't so that as it will just come across as friendship, practice speaking lower tones to yourself. Good conversations is school history like what subjects did she take, or how long she's been out for, music she's interested in, has she been to any concerts, her favourite genre of films to see in the cinema, tell her she looks good in what she's wearing, TRY NOT TO SAY 'that looks cute on you', DO SAY 'you look great in that dress/outfit/whatever she's wearing. Make it about her. Maybe tell her that you've just opened up to lesbian dating as you're finally accepting yourself, say you're nervous but you're open to see where this leads. Honesty is great and it tells them where your head is at straight away.

Good luck!! I'm rooting for you :smile: Reply if you want to ask anything
Original post by iwriteletters
If you're trying to flirt, stay in your lower octave (i think thats what its called) of voice. Like lower pitch/deeper voice. When you give a girl a compliment, you normally make your voice higher without realising, don't so that as it will just come across as friendship, practice speaking lower tones to yourself. Good conversations is school history like what subjects did she take, or how long she's been out for, music she's interested in, has she been to any concerts, her favourite genre of films to see in the cinema, tell her she looks good in what she's wearing, TRY NOT TO SAY 'that looks cute on you', DO SAY 'you look great in that dress/outfit/whatever she's wearing. Make it about her. Maybe tell her that you've just opened up to lesbian dating as you're finally accepting yourself, say you're nervous but you're open to see where this leads. Honesty is great and it tells them where your head is at straight away.

PRSOM, this is good advice :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Mostly just take it easy! This is not a huge deal. You've met someone whose company you enjoy, and you're going to go be with them and have a good time together. That's all. Don't push yourself to flirt with her, but ask questions because you want to get to know her better and show an interest, and if an opportunity arises where it would be natural to say/do something romantic or flirty, take it. Relax and have fun :smile:

Thank you so much for this :smile:)
Reply 5
Original post by iwriteletters

That’s amazing! Thank you ever so much. Ill definitely be using this. I just have to make sure when I’m asking questions, it’s not too interview like. Thank you again :smile:))

Quick Reply

Latest