The Student Room Group

Reading and writing exam

I have a Welsh reading and writing exam in 24 hours and I need to be able to remember a 200 word essay for it - I’ve tried singing, repeating, writing it out and reading through it but I just can’t seem to remember it at all - please help!
have you tried segmenting it into flashcards or short questions and then going through them on quizlet? That really helped me for languages :smile:
The way I used to memorise essays for language exams was to write the text out a few times - a couple of times was usually enough for me to remember it.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by musicalrose
have you tried segmenting it into flashcards or short questions and then going through them on quizlet? That really helped me for languages :smile:

Thank you for the quick response! Yes, I’ve been going over as much vocab as I can on quizlet, however it’s hard to use it as a tool to remember my text in one piece as I can’t translate it word for word which just makes it even worse - I need a way to remember it in one piece while also remembering spelling 😅 a rather impossible task for a person with a brain like Dory!
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
The way I used to memorise essays for language exams was to write the text out a few times - a couple of times was usually enough for me to remember it.

Yes, I’m able to do this fine with French, Spanish and English but for some reason Welsh is just impossible for me - it could be to do with the spelling/non literal translations but my normal methods of memorising essays via repetition aren’t working 😅😅

Quick Reply