bookw0rmm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have a Welsh reading and writing exam in 24 hours and I need to be able to remember a 200 word essay for it - I’ve tried singing, repeating, writing it out and reading through it but I just can’t seem to remember it at all - please help!
musicalrose
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
have you tried segmenting it into flashcards or short questions and then going through them on quizlet? That really helped me for languages
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The way I used to memorise essays for language exams was to write the text out a few times - a couple of times was usually enough for me to remember it.
Last edited by black tea; 1 month ago
bookw0rmm
Rep:
?
(Original post by musicalrose)
have you tried segmenting it into flashcards or short questions and then going through them on quizlet? That really helped me for languages
Thank you for the quick response! Yes, I’ve been going over as much vocab as I can on quizlet, however it’s hard to use it as a tool to remember my text in one piece as I can’t translate it word for word which just makes it even worse - I need a way to remember it in one piece while also remembering spelling 😅 a rather impossible task for a person with a brain like Dory!
bookw0rmm
Rep:
?
(Original post by black tea)
The way I used to memorise essays for language exams was to write the text out a few times - a couple of times was usually enough for me to remember it.
Yes, I’m able to do this fine with French, Spanish and English but for some reason Welsh is just impossible for me - it could be to do with the spelling/non literal translations but my normal methods of memorising essays via repetition aren’t working 😅😅
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
30.28%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.17%
No I am happy with my choice (59)
54.13%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise