imaanali2611
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am coming to an end of year 10 with a prediction of a grade 5. My grades all year have been average and in my mocks i achieved one of the highest scores in my class, which was still average (53/80). My teacher thinks i cheated even though i worked hard and I really want to do higher maths in year 11 and she is aware. Since my prediction is a grade 5 (C) do you think it is worth speaking to my head of maths if my teacher doesn’t let me take higher for next year and do you think he will allow me to take on higher maths next year?
idonthavealife05
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes do it. You will have more opportunities doing higher maths but you’re gonna have to revise a lot and learn a lot of the content. Also 53/80 is kind of low for foundation so you’re gonna have to work on that
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
are you currently on the foundation or higher course?
imaanali2611
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by idonthavealife05)
Yes do it. You will have more opportunities doing higher maths but you’re gonna have to revise a lot and learn a lot of the content. Also 53/80 is kind of low for foundation so you’re gonna have to work on that
I agree 53 is low but it was relatively high compared to other people in my class. There were 16 pupils who achieved a mark below 30. Do you think that would work in my favour and the teacher would be more susceptible towards putting me forward for higher maths? Thanks
idonthavealife05
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by imaanali2611)
I agree 53 is low but it was relatively high compared to other people in my class. There were 16 pupils who achieved a mark below 30. Do you think that would work in my favour and the teacher would be more susceptible towards putting me forward for higher maths? Thanks
It depends on how well the higher kids in your school do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (9)
39.13%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
8.7%
No I am happy with my choice (12)
52.17%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads