I’m depressed to turn 18

Watch
Onion socks
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I’m 17 right now but I’ll turn 18 soon. I’m afraid to get sued by somebody's or put in jail for something I had no clue about. There are so many laws And I can’t memorize them all. Also, I’m still a virgin and don’t really care about virginities but ad a guy this looks bad. I don’t like life anymore. Everything gets worse the older you get this sucks. i don’t know why someone would sue somebody just to take money. I’m losing motivation and energy every day.
username5173262
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You do know that 17 year olds are also criminally held responsible? You're not going to have to abide by new laws or anything. Biggest difference in your life now is you'll be expected to be getting a job and doing your part, and you can buy booze. You're also not going to get sued man, unless you do something which ends up hurting / breaking someone elses stuff, then you'll be fine. And lets be realistic here, how often do you go around breaking stuff or hurting people - if you're a normal person it should be pretty rare. You'll be fine man :yy:
WazzWazz98
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Onion socks)
Hi I’m 17 right now but I’ll turn 18 soon. I’m afraid to get sued by somebody's or put in jail for something I had no clue about. There are so many laws And I can’t memorize them all. Also, I’m still a virgin and don’t really care about virginities but ad a guy this looks bad. I don’t like life anymore. Everything gets worse the older you get this sucks. i don’t know why someone would sue somebody just to take money. I’m losing motivation and energy every day.
I don't think this is really about the law
I think there is a deeper issue that is causing you anxiety and paranoia
mimimarinho03
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Onion socks)
you will still be abiding by the same laws as you always have... you seem troubled
Malford
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to grow up a bit, don't cause any crime and you won't go to jail ffs. You are nearly 18 so start acting like it
pipthesqueak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Malford)
You need to grow up a bit, don't cause any crime and you won't go to jail ffs. You are nearly 18 so start acting like it
ahh
what does it mean to act 18 i do wonder :rolleyes:
Malford
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pipthesqueak)
ahh
what does it mean to act 18 i do wonder :rolleyes:
Act like an adult and stop pitying over little things. Some people don't even live till 18 and op is just sitting there moaning. Turning 18 is good thing
pipthesqueak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Malford)
Act like an adult and stop pitying over little things. Some people don't even live till 18 and op is just sitting there moaning. Turning 18 is good thing
You in no way know what OP is perhaps going through in their lives, yes it is unfortunate that some don't live till 18, but OP may be going through issues of their own and may not see turning 18 as such a good thing. Jumping into adulthood so suddenly is not easy for some. You don't need to care about what OP is going through, but you don't have to be so rude either.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.53%
Excited but a bit nervous (116)
45.85%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.04%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.58%

Watched Threads