Skatrinos
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi.

I’m enrolled in a BA social sciences however after completed year 0 I move to law, the foundation Ba is listed as a 4 year degree, with you moving to another course for the remaining 3 on competion of year 0.
I would like to do a year abroad on top of this.

Does the foundation year zero through to my entire law degree class as one length of study and a year aboard be possible with the “additional” year on top.
Or would the fact my foundation degree is four years in full mean I would have used that “additional” year already.
Last edited by Skatrinos; 1 month ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Skatrinos)
Hi.

I’m enrolled in a BA social sciences however after completed year 0 I move to law, the foundation Ba is listed as a 4 year degree, with you moving to another course for the remaining 3 on competion of year 0.
I would like to do a year abroad on top of this.

Does the foundation year zero through to my entire law degree class as one length of study and a year aboard be possible with the “additional” year on top.
Or would the fact my foundation degree is four years in full mean I would have used that “additional” year already.
Hi there,

full time undergraduate students can receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study.
A foundation year is a year of study.

Please confirm:

1. How many years of previous study you have
2. The length of your new course.

Thanks, Isaac
Skatrinos
Rep:
?
So my new course is listed as 4 years.

I have no prior uni level study.
I did get 2 adult learner loan payments before I withdrew from thst access to HE as the 4 year (with foundation) was better suited.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So my new course is listed as 4 years.

I have no prior uni level study.
I did get 2 adult learner loan payments before I withdrew from thst access to HE as the 4 year (with foundation) was better suited.
If you have no previous higher education study then you will be fully funded for your 4 year course.
Thanks, Isaac
Skatrinos
Rep:
?
Thanks
What if I have had a few payments of an adult learner loan for a course I did not complete would this effect being able to receive an extra year funding on top of the length of my course should I need to resit a year/ take an extra year abroad on top of my course ?

Sorry it’s just quite complicated to fully understand
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks
What if I have had a few payments of an adult learner loan for a course I did not complete would this effect being able to receive an extra year funding on top of the length of my course should I need to resit a year/ take an extra year abroad on top of my course ?

Sorry it’s just quite complicated to fully understand
An Advanced Learner Loan is further education not higher education.

As long as you only have 1 year of previous higher education study and as long as you are not changing courses then you can be funded for the full 4 years.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (14)
25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (35)
62.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads