The Student Room Group

Thinking of quitting all online activity

I think it's better for my mental health when I focus on real people and spending time with them. I just don't think this site is really benefiting me any.

Unless I'm using it wrong lol
Hi There

Sometimes it can be easier to chat with virtual people than people you actually know in real life. You may be worried people you know may judge you. But people here don't know you personally so does it really matter what they think. Maybe you can let it out here how you are feeling. It could be some people here are in the same boat as you and they may be able to provide you with very good advice. I always feel a problem shared is to some extent some weight off your mind. Don't get me wrong I am not saying there is an easy fix as in most cases that isn't the case. I think it is important to have an open mind though.

Nothing to stop you focusing on people you know outside of this site as well as getting to know people on here. You may end up making some very good friends off here. I will pray for you that things will improve for you and please don't ever give up as I believe good things can happen to all of us.

I think you are a very brave person as at least you are saying how you are feeling so be proud of yourself for that. You are probably stronger than you actually realise.

I do not claim to be any expert on mental health but I do know that talking is important and saying how you feel rather than bottling things up. You have made a start and that is one positive.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I think it's better for my mental health when I focus on real people and spending time with them. I just don't think this site is really benefiting me any.

Unless I'm using it wrong lol

There can be quite toxic people online that can negatively impact your mental health. Sometimes it’s nice to have a technology detox to get back on track.

Quick Reply

Latest