Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Mods please keep this anonymous.

I've wanted to go on holiday for a long time with my group of friends, but found out last night that they're all going on one together.

I've seen a lot of these posts but I genuinely believe I get along with the entire group and that there's no bad blood, and one of my friends fully texted me to tell me that they're all going together and she wanted me to find out from her that due to budgeting they couldn't make anything work for more people. The sad thing is it seems that one person in the group has cancelled over and over again and they didn't actually invite me instead, but invited my other friend. It's not the entire friend group that's going but I still feel devastated despite saying I'm completely fine with it. Her rationale was more of a "sorry you couldn't come to this specifically but we'll definitely make some more plans together over summer" but we have a bunch of parties coming up in our friend circle and I kind of feel demotivated to go to any.

How do I manage to get over it? I really love the group to bits but the next week is going to feel horrible as until the last night before they leave today I was basically left to put it together since I knew they were all roughly going on holiday, and it's too much of a coincidence to all be mentioning going to the same place.

TL;DR friends had a reason I can't go on holiday with them and told me about it before leaving. Am I being a massive b**** by still feeling awful and how do I make myself a bit happier?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Mods please keep this anonymous.

I've wanted to go on holiday for a long time with my group of friends, but found out last night that they're all going on one together.

I've seen a lot of these posts but I genuinely believe I get along with the entire group and that there's no bad blood, and one of my friends fully texted me to tell me that they're all going together and she wanted me to find out from her that due to budgeting they couldn't make anything work for more people. The sad thing is it seems that one person in the group has cancelled over and over again and they didn't actually invite me instead, but invited my other friend. It's not the entire friend group that's going but I still feel devastated despite saying I'm completely fine with it. Her rationale was more of a "sorry you couldn't come to this specifically but we'll definitely make some more plans together over summer" but we have a bunch of parties coming up in our friend circle and I kind of feel demotivated to go to any.

How do I manage to get over it? I really love the group to bits but the next week is going to feel horrible as until the last night before they leave today I was basically left to put it together since I knew they were all roughly going on holiday, and it's too much of a coincidence to all be mentioning going to the same place.

TL;DR friends had a reason I can't go on holiday with them and told me about it before leaving. Am I being a massive b**** by still feeling awful and how do I make myself a bit happier?
WELLLL you would know better but if you guys are ;like best friends then thats messed up they shouldve included you or still made it work , But no matter who it is you shouldn't care if someone invites you or not . And dont take it negatively , it might be some other case ... you dont need anyone else to feel happier , If you like feel down and stuff how about you go alone or get a sibling to go with you to some arcade or you could gave a movie night you know to feel better , and like if your a female you could idk go shopping , shopping is therapy for me lol im a female too so dont think of me attacking women heh
royalmilotic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no they're legit horrible sorry
Anonymous #1
(Original post by royalmilotic)
no they're legit horrible sorry
wdym?
Anonymous #1
WELLLL you would know better but if you guys are ;like best friends then thats messed up they shouldve included you or still made it work , But no matter who it is you shouldn't care if someone invites you or not . And dont take it negatively , it might be some other case ... you dont need anyone else to feel happier , If you like feel down and stuff how about you go alone or get a sibling to go with you to some arcade or you could gave a movie night you know to feel better , and like if your a female you could idk go shopping , shopping is therapy for me lol im a female too so dont think of me attacking women heh
I'm going out with a friend on Monday so hopefully that will make things better
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I'm going out with a friend on Monday so hopefully that will make things better
yayyy
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
this world is full of nasty ppl and we call some of them friends , dont let them get to you , and id say like its your choice drop them , and refuse to go on some friends outing from them cos theyre gonna think youre desperate , happened to me like a mil times , they ditch you at first then on the next plan if you say yes eagerly ppl start thinking your needy --
royalmilotic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
wdym?
they don't care about you, and as I said they're really nasty people for doing that
mkw7380
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Take a look at our website - Frienture easily meeting new friends
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (19)
16.81%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (34)
30.09%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
10.62%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
11.5%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.42%
I think it's an unfair expectation (28)
24.78%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.77%

Watched Threads