?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
is this possible?
nelly7
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes you can, the only requirements that you need are A-level maths. Computer science isn't a requirement and people do get in without it. In 1st year they will go over some of the aspects that would be in A-level computer science, so I would get a bit of programming experience before you go, just to familiarise yourself if you haven't programmed before. It would be better if you had full A-level to demonstrate your passion for the subject, but you can get in without it.
Alishalol
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes ofc, my friend has an offer from Cambridge. She took a level further maths, maths, chem and physics with as computer science
nelly7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alishalol)
Yes ofc, my friend has an offer from Cambridge. She took a level further maths, maths, chem and physics with as computer science
Well I guess that answers your question! You definitely don't need full A-level computer science, as long as you portray your passion for the subject in your personal statement then I think it is worth applying. Do you have A-level further maths if you don't mind me asking?
meymey:)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
(Original post by nelly7)
Yes you can, the only requirements that you need are A-level maths. Computer science isn't a requirement and people do get in without it. In 1st year they will go over some of the aspects that would be in A-level computer science, so I would get a bit of programming experience before you go, just to familiarise yourself if you haven't programmed before. It would be better if you had full A-level to demonstrate your passion for the subject, but you can get in without it.
If I dont have maths then is it not possible? Im considering dropping computer science bc im self-studying but i can still do the A-level if its must
Rep:
?
Well I guess that answers your question! You definitely don't need full A-level computer science, as long as you portray your passion for the subject in your personal statement then I think it is worth applying. Do you have A-level further maths if you don't mind me asking?
no i dont have maths. i decided on IT recently and i can still do the full computer science a-level if i want
Rep:
?
Ah okay cool. i dont have maths so i guess i will have to take the full A-level
nelly7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by meymey:))
Ah okay cool. i dont have maths so i guess i will have to take the full A-level
I depends what university you are looking to go to. The higher universities tend to require maths, but the lower universities on the rankings list don't need maths. Have a look at this website: https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...mputer-science
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.67%
Excited but a bit nervous (146)
45.34%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.8%
I'm really nervous (65)
20.19%

Watched Threads