Do I need storage boxes in my uni room?

Watch
bvllvh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
basically i keep boxes that came with my unikit and now they use up valuable space to store my clothes. I only keep them cause i know some day ill move out...is it worth keeping them or should I throw them away?
when student storage guys collect them do they have boxes?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bvllvh)
basically i keep boxes that came with my unikit and now they use up valuable space to store my clothes. I only keep them cause i know some day ill move out...is it worth keeping them or should I throw them away?
Can the storage boxes be flattened? If not, maybe advertise on your university Facebook page or similar to see if anyone else wants them.
Kogomogo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are these 'student storage guys'? Is it some kind of service where your stuff will be stored in between uni years and if so do they speculate you have to use their boxes?
Lydia Taylor (YSJU Student Ambassador)
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bvllvh)
Hello,

This is certainly something that is very dependant on your room and preferences.

In my time in halls, I kept some boxes and large bags under my bed and then my parents took the biggest boxes home to store there. However, the latter is not an option for all.
Is there anywhere else that you could store them, such as under your bed or behind your door? Or are you able to flat pack them at all?

They were definitely handy to have when moving out as I was on the fourth floor so it saved me doing too many trips. They were not a necessity though and I could have managed! If you have a suitcase, that is a big help and fits a lot of items. I used IKEA bags, my shopping bags like bags for life and fit as much as I could into any little storage containers I had around my room.

I am sorry, I am unsure by your last question, could you clarify what you mean?

I hope this helps,
Lydia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
30%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.09%
No I am happy with my choice (60)
54.55%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.36%

Watched Threads