Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, so basically I’ve been with my gf for over a year now it’s mostly good except she expects me to not speak to girls, not find girls fit, not even look at girls so I agreed and also expected the same thing back. About 8 months into our relationship she also told me she’d been flirting with this guy from her work (she’s a waitress) and that she’d called me a pr*ck and a d*ckhead to him among some other things. Anyway so yeh she expects me not to speak to girls yet she’s kept doing these things throughout our relationship such as telling me she doesn’t know wether she found a boy fit or telling me she got horny over another boy and I know this sounds stupid but she’s just now replied to a boy on Instagram, which she would go mental at me for doing. And it’s not the fact that she did it it’s the fact that she expects me not to do it yet she goes and does it. She just expects stuff of me that she can’t give in return, but whenever I say fine then I’ll just lead a normal life and speak to whoever and just be a normal person she says she won’t be able to cope n says she’ll start cutting herself... just wondering what I could do about it? Why’s she like this? And any other advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello, so basically I’ve been with my gf for over a year now it’s mostly good except she expects me to not speak to girls, not find girls fit, not even look at girls so I agreed and also expected the same thing back. About 8 months into our relationship she also told me she’d been flirting with this guy from her work (she’s a waitress) and that she’d called me a pr*ck and a d*ckhead to him among some other things. Anyway so yeh she expects me not to speak to girls yet she’s kept doing these things throughout our relationship such as telling me she doesn’t know wether she found a boy fit or telling me she got horny over another boy and I know this sounds stupid but she’s just now replied to a boy on Instagram, which she would go mental at me for doing. And it’s not the fact that she did it it’s the fact that she expects me not to do it yet she goes and does it. She just expects stuff of me that she can’t give in return, but whenever I say fine then I’ll just lead a normal life and speak to whoever and just be a normal person she says she won’t be able to cope n says she’ll start cutting herself... just wondering what I could do about it? Why’s she like this? And any other advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks
No offence but your girlfriend is a double-faced hypocrite; even if she is not I do not think I would have submitted to her demands even if the demands were reciprocrated.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
She sounds jealous, controlling, manipulative, and generally toxic. It's not reasonable of her to expect you not to talk to other people (in a non-romantic/flirty context), or to not find other girls attractive. And like the other Anon says, it's completely hypocritical of her to expect those things from you but not follow the same rules herself.

I would absolutely break up with her at the first opportunity. It's only going to get worse. Threatening to harm one's self is also a classic ploy used by manipulative people. She won't do it, and one way or another, you are not and cannot be made responsible for her decisions and actions.
Last edited by anosmianAcrimony; 1 month ago
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
It's interesting usually the most controlling people who think you might cheat are the ones that do it themselves. Quite simply she is trying to control and stop you knowing she will likely do it herself. Best to avoid those people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (12)
5.91%
Uncertainty around my education (23)
11.33%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (23)
11.33%
Lack of purpose or motivation (32)
15.76%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (13)
6.4%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (7)
3.45%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (17)
8.37%
Financial worries (10)
4.93%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (6)
2.96%
Exposure to negative news/social media (15)
7.39%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
2.96%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (24)
11.82%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (15)
7.39%

Watched Threads