immanueligwe151
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm currently debating between whether to choose Keele University or University of Liverpool to study the course Computer Science and Mathematics. I've made Keele my firm choice and Liverpool my insurance choice on UCAS, but I'm still wondering if I should switch it the other way round.

Does anyone here attend either unis? Could you please tell me what it's like there in terms of student life, teaching and learning and so on?

Thanks
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Two very different Unis.
Keele is a green field campus in the middle of Staffordshire - nice environment, but smaller, quieter Uni.
Liverpool - big city campus and its in the middle of a cosmopolitan vibrant city.
Depends what sort of person you are and what you want from a Uni.
Academically LP has more clout - but a degree from Keele is certainly not a waste of time.
Keele Student Ambassador1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by immanueligwe151)
So I'm currently debating between whether to choose Keele University or University of Liverpool to study the course Computer Science and Mathematics. I've made Keele my firm choice and Liverpool my insurance choice on UCAS, but I'm still wondering if I should switch it the other way round.

Does anyone here attend either unis? Could you please tell me what it's like there in terms of student life, teaching and learning and so on?

Thanks
Hi there immanueligwe151! So glad that you are considering Keele for your higher education! I am a third year Physics and Astrophysics student at Keele and thought I could tell you a bit about my experience at Keele, which will hopefully help you get a bit closer to making your decision!

In terms of student life, what I love about Keele is that since it is a campus university it has a really nice community atmosphere. You get to know a lot of students on campus, at lectures, society and club activities and also on nights out in the students union and you can rarely walk around campus without bumping into someone you know!

The students union at Keele have a range of societies ranging from things like gaming and a book club to music and dance. These societies aim to create a safe space for students with similar interests to meet each other and make new friends. Keele also has a range of sports clubs, excellent sports facilities and a sports center with a gym that is open to all students. You can have a look at these societies and sports clubs on the KeeleSU website, which you can access through this link- https://keelesu.com/activities/clubs-societies/
In terms of nightlife, the students union also organizes events every night of the week, throughout the term time. These events range from more relaxed activities like karaoke nights, film nights and quizzes to things like resident DJ takeover nights and various gigs. Many first year students, who live on campus, opt to go to these events, but the nearby town of Newcastle-under-Lyme has a range of clubs, pubs and restaurants and has quite a nice atmosphere on Friday and Saturday nights. The town also has a range of other activities such as a cinema, bowling, crazy golf, a climbing wall, laser quest and a gaming arcade.

Keele is also one of the biggest campuses in the UK because it is surrounded by so much greenary! One of my favorite places to go, on campus, when I feel a bit stressed or need some exercise is Keele hall. Keele hall is located in the lovely Italian gardens, close to the lakes and Keele woods with so many great walking paths. My friends and I have also spent the last three days having picnics in the gardens, which has such a nice atmosphere during the spring/summer!

Since I didn't study the subjects you are looking at, I cannot tell you much about the specifics of studying Maths and Computer Science at Keele. Although, you can use our UniBuddy platform to talk to Lucy who is a current Maths student at Keele and Thijs who studies Computer Science. If you drop them a quick message, I am sure they will be more than happy to talk to you about their experiences studying at Keele. I have attached the links to their UniBuddy profiles below.

Lucy- https://api.unibuddy.co/og/keele-uni...Position=share
Thijs- https://api.unibuddy.co/og/keele-uni...Position=share

I hope this helps! If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to ask me on here!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.62%
Excited but a bit nervous (115)
45.63%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.1%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed