What to do when you lack motivation to put any effort into things?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is there a way to want to do something again and be excited to do things? So when i ask myself why would i do sth i could tell myself that the effort i put in actually brings me closer to something i actually undaubtably want and want it so much that the effort is 100% worth it and most importantly it is actually going to lead to success.
Just to be clear trying to fix the issue from the "do sth even tho you dont want it that much (no matter if you wanted it at some point and stopped or never actually did)" angle makes me completly not willing to do anything in that direction or even pureposly not go that way so that my internal problem cant be ignored and covered by solving an extral problem that is often viewed as more important somehow even tho the way i feel impacts me all the time. Is there a way to want to do something again and be excited to do things? So when i ask myself why would i do sth i could tell myself that the effort i put in actually brings me closer to something i actually undaubtably want and want it so much that the effort is 100% worth it and most importantly it is actually going to lead to success.
Just to be clear trying to fix the issue from the "do sth even tho you dont want it that much (no matter if you wanted it at some point and stopped or never actually did)" angle makes me completly not willing to do anything in that direction or even pureposly not go that way so that my internal problem cant be ignored and covered by solving an extral problem that is often viewed as more important somehow even tho the way i feel impacts me all the time.
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just bear in mind that there are lots of things in this world that need to be fixed, and not everyone is willing to do it, so you might as well as do it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (40)
27.59%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.28%
No I am happy with my choice (83)
57.24%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
6.9%

Watched Threads