Oosousername
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im stressing so much, on my history I spent more time on the 8marker rather than 12 marker and didnt even answer the question properly and then in english I wrote my points but didn’t explain properly so its basically just a lot of unexplained points, and then for bio I couldnt make the links, chemistry I just messed up and for physics I had to pee so couldnt concentrate and in maths I just messed up and ugh Ive done so bad im so scared to find out the results next week and I revised SO much im so disappointed in myself
zutk0
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey hey it's okay! It really is just mocks and exams are bloody stressful, I don't blame you for freaking out. I'm sure you haven't done as badly as you think, take it from me, it's super easy to psych yourself out and convince yourself that you've failed everything. When I did my mocks I was convinced that I'd completely messed up Bio irredeemably, but then I ended up with an 8! If you've revised and you knew the content, that hard work won't go to waste. Your teachers will know it was a momentary blip in performance and you still have the real exams to show your knowledge. Calm down and enjoy the week you have before results come in, I'm sure it's nice to not have any more exams looming imminently! Good luck and I'm sure it'll all end up okay
Emmacarey2005
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Oosousername)
Im stressing so much, on my history I spent more time on the 8marker rather than 12 marker and didnt even answer the question properly and then in english I wrote my points but didn’t explain properly so its basically just a lot of unexplained points, and then for bio I couldnt make the links, chemistry I just messed up and for physics I had to pee so couldnt concentrate and in maths I just messed up and ugh Ive done so bad im so scared to find out the results next week and I revised SO much im so disappointed in myself
hey dont worry! I was in the excact place as you a few months ago, i did my chemistry and others exams gcses and i thought i completly messed up but remeber the boundarys are sometimes lower than you think and in my history which i thought i failed i got an A so dont stress about it you will be ok!! <3
username4521132
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
isnt that the point of mocks tho, to practice and make mistakes now and learn from them before the big day
Iwanttobesmart
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ill be doing my mocks in a couple of days, could you tell me what came up in sciences? thanks
lucyyy12
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Seriously don’t worry about mocks!
I failed mine in year 12 lol but I passed my actual A Levels and got into my first choice uni.
You’ll be fine, you’ll know how to improve and you’ve got a year to revise Xxx
Oosousername
Rep:
?
(Original post by zutk0)
Hey hey it's okay! It really is just mocks and exams are bloody stressful, I don't blame you for freaking out. I'm sure you haven't done as badly as you think, take it from me, it's super easy to psych yourself out and convince yourself that you've failed everything. When I did my mocks I was convinced that I'd completely messed up Bio irredeemably, but then I ended up with an 8! If you've revised and you knew the content, that hard work won't go to waste. Your teachers will know it was a momentary blip in performance and you still have the real exams to show your knowledge. Calm down and enjoy the week you have before results come in, I'm sure it's nice to not have any more exams looming imminently! Good luck and I'm sure it'll all end up okay
Omg I hope my situation is the same as yours, but thank you really, this has cheered me up

alot
(Original post by Emmacarey2005)
hey dont worry! I was in the excact place as you a few months ago, i did my chemistry and others exams gcses and i thought i completly messed up but remeber the boundarys are sometimes lower than you think and in my history which i thought i failed i got an A so dont stress about it you will be ok!! <3
Thank youu well done on the A!! Your past experiences have sort of calmed my anxiety thanks x
Oosousername
Rep:
?
(Original post by yeetouttawindow)
isnt that the point of mocks tho, to practice and make mistakes now and learn from them before the big day
Youre right it is but I just dont want all the hardwork to go to waste ig

(Original post by lucyyy12)
Seriously don’t worry about mocks!
I failed mine in year 12 lol but I passed my actual A Levels and got into my first choice uni.
You’ll be fine, you’ll know how to improve and you’ve got a year to revise Xxx
I hope i’m able to improve if i have indeed failed, well done to you tho , congratulations x
Oosousername
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iwanttobesmart)
ill be doing my mocks in a couple of days, could you tell me what came up in sciences? thanks
I dont think every school’s doing the same mock, but i’ve done Triple higher, and for physics and chemistry you need to know your RP as in mine six markers popped up indirectly asking for the practical’s method. And you defos need to know how to do titrations for chem, and for phys theres a lot of five markers which are easy as long as yk your equations, so learn your equations.

Biology is harder, you have to make links, for example a question may describe how a plant is discoloured and short , and then it may ask why this may be (Lack of magnesium) and there’ll prolly be a part b) asking how the lack of magnesium leads to this. And youre gonna have to link it to how it hinders chlorophyl production leading to no pigmentation, and then the lack of chlorophyll also leads to a slow rate of photosynthesis and etc. So basically you need to know your facts and also be able to link these facts together
Iwanttobesmart
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I dont think every school’s doing the same mock, but i’ve done Triple higher, and for physics and chemistry you need to know your RP as in mine six markers popped up indirectly asking for the practical’s method. And you defos need to know how to do titrations for chem, and for phys theres a lot of five markers which are easy as long as yk your equations, so learn your equations.

Biology is harder, you have to make links, for example a question may describe how a plant is discoloured and short , and then it may ask why this may be (Lack of magnesium) and there’ll prolly be a part b) asking how the lack of magnesium leads to this. And youre gonna have to link it to how it hinders chlorophyl production leading to no pigmentation, and then the lack of chlorophyll also leads to a slow rate of photosynthesis and etc. So basically you need to know your facts and also be able to link these facts together
thank you so much this is very helpful
Ploblem1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Name:  43iv8l.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  91.8 KB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.52%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.29%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.65%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads