Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So im on the edge at the minute
so my mums bfs mum is a retired vicar but im unsure if she willing to do it as shes away for a week and wont be back til Friday

Also if not can a programme leader sign a passport or can english teacher do it even though they known me for 9 months
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you over 16?

Who can sign your form and photo
Your countersignatory must:

have known you (or the adult who signed the form if the passport is for a child under 16) for at least 2 years
be able to identify you, for example they’re a friend, neighbour or colleague (not just someone who knows you professionally)
be ‘a person of good standing in their community’ or work in (or be retired from) a recognised profession
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Are you over 16?

Who can sign your form and photo
Your countersignatory must:

have known you (or the adult who signed the form if the passport is for a child under 16) for at least 2 years
be able to identify you, for example they’re a friend, neighbour or colleague (not just someone who knows you professionally)
be ‘a person of good standing in their community’ or work in (or be retired from) a recognised profession
Im 18 and applying myself online and yes i have looked on the website so i know they have to know me atleast two years the vicar she known me more than 2 years my college programme leader of my college course and english teacher only known me for 9 months
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Im 18 and applying myself online and yes i have looked on the website so i know they have to know me atleast two years the vicar she known me more than 2 years my college programme leader of my college course and english teacher only known me for 9 months
Then they haven’t known you long enough at 9 months so they can’t countersign
Anonymous #1
Then they haven’t known you long enough at 9 months so they can’t countersign
Unless they lie and i can show them documents to prove its me like school result letter NI letter and pervious college certificates and my birth certificate and bank statements or i just have to try and hope for the best with the retired vicar who i known 3 years and hope it will be accepted but she has signed for people before
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unless they lie and i can show them documents to prove its me like school result letter NI letter and pervious college certificates and my birth certificate and bank statements or i just have to try and hope for the best with the retired vicar who i known 3 years and hope it will be accepted but she has signed for people before
The whole point of. Counter signature is that it isn’t forged/fraudulent. They won’t lie for you, nor should they.
You have an option there, you have already been told it will be accepted.
Anonymous #1
The whole point of. Counter signature is that it isn’t forged/fraudulent. They won’t lie for you, nor should they.
You have an option there, you have already been told it will be accepted.
I wasnt told it was accepted but apparently its minister of recognised religion but shes the only option i have but shes away for a week she could do it for me while shes away but she'll need her passport number and im unsure wheather shes willing to do it for me
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No one is going to fraudulently countersign your passport application. You shouldn't even be considering that as an option.

Read the requirements: https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-pa...tersignatories
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wasnt told it was accepted but apparently its minister of recognised religion but shes the only option i have but shes away for a week she could do it for me while shes away but she'll need her passport number and im unsure wheather shes willing to do it for me
You were told by a few different people the last time you posted about this that it was accepted.

You were going to do this three weeks ago-why have you left it until she’s away for a week?
Anonymous #1
You were told by a few different people the last time you posted about this that it was accepted.

You were going to do this three weeks ago-why have you left it until she’s away for a week?
I didnt post about this before must be someone else as this is first post i asked about thid and no i plan to do this this week not 3 weeks ago so not sure who you are on about
Anonymous #1
Also i didnt know she was going away until 2 days ago but anyway she told me to wait till she comes back so not sure why people saying i posted about this before because i didnt and i also forgot to mention my bfs mum is registered nurse but i only known her for year and half
martin7
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I didnt post about this before must be someone else as this is first post i asked about thid and no i plan to do this this week not 3 weeks ago so not sure who you are on about
In that case, this thread seems to be a remarkable coincidence.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Must be a coincidence then:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...php?p=95217934

Also i didnt know she was going away until 2 days ago but anyway she told me to wait till she comes back so not sure why people saying i posted about this before because i didnt and i also forgot to mention my bfs mum is registered nurse but i only known her for year and half
And again, hasn’t known you for two years, so no she can’t. And if she told you to wait til she comes back then what’s the issue?
Anonymous #1
Must be a coincidence then:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...php?p=95217934

And again, hasn’t known you for two years, so no she can’t. And if she told you to wait til she comes back then what’s the issue?
Just worried it won't be accepted thats all coz she's the only person i know and if it gets rejected im done for and lose my 80quid
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Update- it was accepted
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.53%
Excited but a bit nervous (116)
45.85%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.04%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.58%

Watched Threads