helloiambored
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys I have literally nothing to do over the summer holidays so I would like to start going over A-level content so i am prepared or year 12. Would anyone who has done chemistry or biology for A levels with the exam board OCR A be able to give me some recourses/tips or any guidance on how to start covering the content independently.
medicine22
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I haven't done your exam boards but there are head start CGP books to chemistry and biology that you can buy so you can get an insight into the year you have ahead. These books can be used with whatever exam board I think and can be bought off amazon. To be completely honest extra reading and work probably won't help too much but if you want to do something it's there I guess. You could also purchase the revision guides for your exam board and maybe go through that but again it probably won't benefit you too much from experience myself (but everyone is different). I remember feeling like this last year and it can be comforting to do some work to prepare yourself so I understand. Youtube can be helpful for videos on information also. Hope this helps and enjoy your summer
helloiambored
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by medicine22)
Hi, I haven't done your exam boards but there are head start CGP books to chemistry and biology that you can buy so you can get an insight into the year you have ahead. These books can be used with whatever exam board I think and can be bought off amazon. To be completely honest extra reading and work probably won't help too much but if you want to do something it's there I guess. You could also purchase the revision guides for your exam board and maybe go through that but again it probably won't benefit you too much from experience myself (but everyone is different). I remember feeling like this last year and it can be comforting to do some work to prepare yourself so I understand. Youtube can be helpful for videos on information also. Hope this helps and enjoy your summer
thank you for your advice i really appreciate it. i will look into those cgp books you mentioned. thank you once again!
medicine22
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by helloiambored)
thank you for your advice i really appreciate it. i will look into those cgp books you mentioned. thank you once again!
Good luck for next year!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
27.5%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (3)
7.5%
No I am happy with my choice (23)
57.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
7.5%

Watched Threads