One of my closest mates has slept with my girl best friend

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
One of my closest mates has slept with my girl best friend at a drunk sleepover with the two of them, who made her feelings for me clear the day before. I feel used and betrayed by both people now. What does anyone suggest?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
One of my closest mates has slept with my girl best friend at a drunk sleepover with the two of them, who made her feelings for me clear the day before. I feel used and betrayed by both people now. What does anyone suggest?
Cut them off from your life; do you not think you girl best friend is a double-faced hypocrite though?
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i'd be feeling pretty mad if it were me...

these **** aint loyal
Last edited by ANM775; 1 month ago
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
To some extent you have to take an ‘all’s fair in love and war view’ if there was no firm commitment. If you’d told your mate you were keen on her and had recently made progress then it’s poor form on his part and you could reconsider your friendship. Similarly if she’d encouraged you, you could mention that your feeling are a tad hurt. Dating is full of unpleasant surprises unfortunately
ThomH97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm assuming that "made her feelings for me clear" means she told you she liked you. Do you feel the same way, and did you tell her that? And did you tell your closest mate how you felt about her?
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I suggest that you grow up and realise that life isn't perfect.
Igotbbcalevel
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
three is better than one
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ageshallnot)
I suggest that you grow up and realise that life isn't perfect.
Surprisingly I agree with you acc thanks for the reply
Anonymous #1
Thing is this girl i have known for over 6 years now and have had feelings for her on and off and she recently broke up with her bf who she was with for 3 years and now this happens, i even told my this guy a few months ago that I had been waiting for her to break up with him for years now and then he goes ahead and does this.
ThomH97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thing is this girl i have known for over 6 years now and have had feelings for her on and off and she recently broke up with her bf who she was with for 3 years and now this happens, i even told my this guy a few months ago that I had been waiting for her to break up with him for years now and then he goes ahead and does this.
So you wanted to be her rebound, but your friend did so instead?

And again, when she "made her feelings for [you] clear", what did you tell her in response?
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You're not in a relationship with her she can do what she wants.
Chicken.M.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well he likes her too. You can't call dibs on literal human beings lol. You should have done something when you had the chance.
Last edited by Chicken.M.; 1 month ago
jas149
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Explain that part to us lol. I think everyone here (include myself) need more info on this. If the conversation between you and her went somewhere between the lines of her saying that she likes you, and you telling her that you like her too. Therefore, arranging some sort of date for the following day or week. Then yes you have every right to be infuriated. But, if she admitted her feelings to you for which you then said something like "oh ok" or anything else that gave her the impression that you didn't like her, then she has every right to sleep with your friend since there was clearly no arrangement between you and her
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (37)
15.16%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (74)
30.33%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (30)
12.3%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (21)
8.61%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (14)
5.74%
I think it's an unfair expectation (65)
26.64%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.23%

Watched Threads