Should I break up with him if I have these thoughts?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm about to be a Y13 and Idk if I should break up with him because of these thoughts:
''If you don't have sex with anyone at uni, you'll miss that life experience''
Ofc you don't need this to have a great time at uni, but I just want those experiences to look back on. Which is selfish, really.
I may not have true love for him if I think like this, but there are different types of love (I learned there are 7), and I learned that true love can eventually develop later on- by the way, he's perfect.

I don't want to cheat on him, obviously.

Should I:
- Break up with him
- Stay loyal. I love him- maybe not true love if I think these type of stuff, but true love can be developed, and he's perfect.

Btw, he's already at uni (we have a healthy age gap of 2 years). He's loyal and is a family-guy all the way. He's the perfect guy you'd want to marry. I feel guilty for just wanting some adrenaline and experience
mimimarinho03
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
live ur life
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I feel exactly the same, I’m already yr 13. Been in a relationship for a year now n want to experience other girls.
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you want to sleep with other people, that isn't compatible with a monogamous relationship. If you're not happy and these thoughts will plague you if you stay together, it might be best to break up.

You could also try talking to your partner and discussing how he's coped with being in a serious relationship at uni? It is possible and not everyone wants to have hookups or casual sex at uni. You need to think about what you actually want - do you really want to have sex with people at uni, or do you have FOMO but basically want to be monogamous with your boyfriend.

At the end of the day you can't have your cake and eat it - either you're commited to your boyfriend or you're not.
Chicken.M.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lol that will actually be hilarious if you do break up with him for that reason after he's managed to be faithful for two years at uni already. He's gonna be so triggered.

It will be better for him in the long run though. He deserves someone that actually loves him.
Last edited by Chicken.M.; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
29.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.01%
No I am happy with my choice (61)
54.95%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.31%

Watched Threads