Warwick University - Socials and Drinking

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
From what I’ve seen and read, drinking plays a huge part in societies/clubs at Warwick through circling and going to the pubs etc. However, I do not drink and do not really want to go the pub so I’d like to know how often circling and general drinking occurs within societies and is there anything that involves not drinking.

I am interested in joining Warwick snow and archery mainly but am open to other societies/clubs given more information about them
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,
From what I’ve seen and read, drinking plays a huge part in societies/clubs at Warwick through circling and going to the pubs etc. However, I do not drink and do not really want to go the pub so I’d like to know how often circling and general drinking occurs within societies and is there anything that involves not drinking.

I am interested in joining Warwick snow and archery mainly but am open to other societies/clubs given more information about them
At every university there will be social events where people do drink, but that doesn't mean you have to or there is pressure to.
If a society ever puts pressure on you to be drinking alcohol, or creates a social around alcohol, that is a red flag and a lot of Students' Unions are trying to move away from this sort of thing now.
But actually, in my experience, the majority of societies have a very relaxed culture and do not peer pressure others into drinking.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (39)
27.86%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.57%
No I am happy with my choice (79)
56.43%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
7.14%

Watched Threads