msdoctor
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm currently stressing over what I want to do in September 2021. I graduated in July 2020 with a 2.1 in Law with a plan to take a year out and work then go back to University to complete an LPC and Masters.

Due to Covid it took a while to get a job, I've properly started working as a Cover Teacher in November but had to stop as a result of lockdown in December. After this I got a new job as Cover Teacher in April, I work full time with some days being lighter than others. I would like to know if it's possible to for me to continue my job as a Cover Teacher whilst doing studying for my LPC full time also.
ASMUK
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am not sure about full time. But there would certainly be the chance to study it part time, although this would make the LPC take 2 years.

I'm sure there are some providers that lurk on these forums that would be able to answer this better. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't find a way to take your money.
Johnny ~
Badges: 15
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by msdoctor)
I'm currently stressing over what I want to do in September 2021. I graduated in July 2020 with a 2.1 in Law with a plan to take a year out and work then go back to University to complete an LPC and Masters.

Due to Covid it took a while to get a job, I've properly started working as a Cover Teacher in November but had to stop as a result of lockdown in December. After this I got a new job as Cover Teacher in April, I work full time with some days being lighter than others. I would like to know if it's possible to for me to continue my job as a Cover Teacher whilst doing studying for my LPC full time also.
Probably quite tricky. Term-time may just about be okay - and you get plenty of holidays - but the period around exams will require you to take a week off minimum. It's also not a good idea to risk failing one of the modules on your first attempt.

More to the point, it might be worth checking with the university whether evening classes are even offered to full-time students?
sloths
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends on how often you're expected to work as a cover teacher and how flexible they can be. I managed LPC full time and working 2/3 days a week but my job was a mix of friday night/saturday/sunday and some mid week days only if it fit around my course. My lectures and seminars were across 3 weekdays if i remember correctly (it might have had a fourth day), so if your course is anything similar you might have 1 or 2 weekdays when you can cover work. Personally I thought the LPC was not too hard so holding down a job is manageable but it's not a walk in the park so you need flexibility to study and especially during exams. A weekend job is usually easier in that regard so you can attend all of your classes and study during the week

also congrats on getting a cover teacher job mid pandemic - not easy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.53%
Excited but a bit nervous (116)
45.85%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.04%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.58%

Watched Threads