The Student Room Group

Distance learning 2 year fast track degrees

Hi

I am looking to do a distance learning 2 year fast-track degree. But I can only find universities that offer them taught on campus only.

Does any one know of anywhere that offers them as distance learning?

I was surprised that Open Uni limit you on how many modules you can complete per year.

Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by ap234
Hi

I am looking to do a distance learning 2 year fast-track degree. But I can only find universities that offer them taught on campus only.

I was surprised that Open Uni limit you on how many modules you can complete per year.

Thank you

Hi I’m going to Falmouth online degree to do business they have a 2 year option too
Reply 2
Original post by ap234
Hi

Than you

I suspect you'll struggle to be able to find a 2-year fast track degree visa distance learning.
For two main reasons:
1. Distance learning is always considered part-time study with Student Finance England regardless of the number of modules you study, and it is set to £6,935 a year, max.
This means the OU can't charge for more than 120 credits a year and it still be covered by a student loan.

2. More of a practical reason for the OU is that the modules are designed to be 30 or 60 credit modules that are used in multiple qualifications. And it becomes a bit more difficult to arrange 180 credits a year, as later modules often build on earlier ones but you might need to be studying some of them simultaneously.
In modules like computing almost every module is 30 credits, and you generally need "year 1s" 120 credits as preparation for "year 2" but you'd actually be starting a couple of "year 2" modules right from the start of your degree.

The other way they could do it would be to run their modules over shorter periods - 4 months instead of 6 months etc. But that doesn't work well when they have to get external examiners and module results boards together to provide your final result. They would need these 3-4 times a year instead of 1-2.
Reply 3
Whoops necro 😅

I would love to know how you got on finding a fast track degree though @ap234
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
I’m doing an illustration degree online which is also 2 years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending