evidevi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Don’t know if this is the right place - I’m applying to study medicine next year but my fifth option is going to be a paramedic science course.

I’m definitely set on studying medicine as the career is a better fit for me but I have did have a lot of interest in the paramedic role as well.

Does anyone know of any roles within the emergency services (police, ambulance, fire service, search and rescue etc) for doctors, and what specialities they require (apart from the obvious emergency medicine.)
I know about the Air Ambulance but that’s all I can seem to find.

Thanks for any help!
GANFYD
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by evidevi)
Don’t know if this is the right place - I’m applying to study medicine next year but my fifth option is going to be a paramedic science course.

I’m definitely set on studying medicine as the career is a better fit for me but I have did have a lot of interest in the paramedic role as well.

Does anyone know of any roles within the emergency services (police, ambulance, fire service, search and rescue etc) for doctors, and what specialities they require (apart from the obvious emergency medicine.)
I know about the Air Ambulance but that’s all I can seem to find.

Thanks for any help!
https://rcoa.ac.uk/training-careers/...ital-emergency
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (70)
22.95%
Excited but a bit nervous (135)
44.26%
Not bothered either way (37)
12.13%
I'm really nervous (63)
20.66%

Watched Threads