Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Which accommodation should I pick if I’m looking for an ensuites but with a small amount of people sharing a kitchen? I’ve got Malborough and Quads down so far, need one more for my last ensuites option. Any help would be appreciated.
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Which accommodation should I pick if I’m looking for an ensuites but with a small amount of people sharing a kitchen? I’ve got Malborough and Quads down so far, need one more for my last ensuites option. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi there,

Marlborough/Solsbury is your best bet for an ensuite with kitchen shared between few people - this is where I lived and there's only around 5-8 people per flat. Quads flats have around 8-10 people per kitchen, but as Quads is the "social" accommodation (since there's also an extra living room shared between 2 flats) people tend to have friends round or host socials/pre-drinks, so it may be the case that people are often in and out of your flat. Polden Court also has ensuite bedrooms and it is on the quieter side of campus, so your kitchens would likely be a lot calmer.

I hope this helps
Jessica, a final year NatSci student
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by University of Bath)
Hi there,

Marlborough/Solsbury is your best bet for an ensuite with kitchen shared between few people - this is where I lived and there's only around 5-8 people per flat. Quads flats have around 8-10 people per kitchen, but as Quads is the "social" accommodation (since there's also an extra living room shared between 2 flats) people tend to have friends round or host socials/pre-drinks, so it may be the case that people are often in and out of your flat. Polden Court also has ensuite bedrooms and it is on the quieter side of campus, so your kitchens would likely be a lot calmer.

I hope this helps
Jessica, a final year NatSci student
Yeah I’ve picked those already. How is Polden? (Not polden court) How many people share a kitchen for that?
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah I’ve picked those already. How is Polden? (Not polden court) How many people share a kitchen for that?
Hi there! It does not say specifically on the website so I cannot say for sure as I have never visited Polden. However, it does say there is accomodation for 293 students in 37 flats, so from that I can assume that is around 8 people per kitchen, maybe slightly less if accounting for studio flats. I would recommend emailing to ask if you would like to know for sure: [email protected]

Do let me know if you have anymore questions!

Leah
Placement Chemical Engineering
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (36)
28.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (11)
8.66%
No I am happy with my choice (71)
55.91%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
7.09%

Watched Threads