The Student Room Group

Accountancy training companies + work placement

Hello,

Hi, i'd like to ask you guys if all this accountancy training companies are worth it to pay?

I got two offers from companies in London which provide trainings for ppl to start their career in the accountancy. They offer me 2-3 months training in bookkeeping + payroll + acc softwares + AAT lvl 2 field. They also guarantee work placement after this course and I am wondering if it's 100% legit.

Could you give me advice?

Currently I study Finance and Management course at Master's level and I'd like to go into Accountancy in the future. Unfortunately, I don't have previous experience in that field, so this offer seems even more interesting to me but the question is if it's worth it and if I will get that opportunity to get job from them?

Any thoughts?
Reply 1
None of them are worthwhile. Plenty of past posts by people who have been ripped off.
Reply 2
Rly? So all of this is just a ********? In this case aren’t they obligated to keep their word through the concluded contract or something?
Reply 3
Original post by Radospl
Rly? So all of this is just a ********? In this case aren’t they obligated to keep their word through the concluded contract or something?

What part of obligation do you think they have?

Provide practical experience - they just send you a big file of things to type into excel.

The work placement will be unpaid - which is legally pretty sticky ground so won’t be real work.
Reply 4
So what can I do in that case? Where should I go to get knowledge and valuable training?

Ofc I tried to send my CV with this lack of experience for trainee/internships roles but honestly it’s truly difficult to find something now
Reply 5
What sort of jobs are you looking for? Lots of employers recruit grads with no experience, and even fewer candidates than normal have any due to the issues with Covid.
Reply 6
Ye, like I said, I'd like to go further into accountancy, so any job in that field would be great. I thought about bookkeeper trainee/payroll trainee/accountant assistant roles but I feel like without essential experience it's impossible. By the way, in regards to trainings, how or where could I try to get additional and real knoweldge about acc. I think I should get few certificates before I will graduate. Any ideas?
Reply 7
Original post by Radospl
Ye, like I said, I'd like to go further into accountancy, so any job in that field would be great. I thought about bookkeeper trainee/payroll trainee/accountant assistant roles but I feel like without essential experience it's impossible. By the way, in regards to trainings, how or where could I try to get additional and real knoweldge about acc. I think I should get few certificates before I will graduate. Any ideas?

What level of high school grades (uk A level equivalent) do you have? The norm would be to apply to accountancy firms for training contracts while still at university. It not a good idea to study accounting exams while doing this. Alternatively look for businesses with graduate entry schemes. When will you have completed your course? What work experience (anything - volunteering, working in a cafe etc) do you have?
Reply 8
I’ve got Bachelor’s course finished from my country but in different field and let’s say unfinished Administration Master’s course because I have passed all exams but didn’t go throught with dissertation.
In regards to my actual course, I’ll complete in March 2022.
Yes, I have previous experience in many areas. Now, here in UK I work in warehouse environment with little office tasks, and before I came here I was working for instance as Sales Representative or Real Estate Advisor
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Radospl
I’ve got Bachelor’s course finished from my country but in different field and let’s say unfinished Administration Master’s course because I have passed all exams but didn’t go throught with dissertation.
In regards to my actual course, I’ll complete in March 2022.
Yes, I have previous experience in many areas. Now, here in UK I work in warehouse environment with little office tasks, and before I came here I was working for instance as Sales Representative or Real Estate Advisor

do you have the right to work in the UK? If so apply for grad schemes for Sept 22 start dates - they'll open around Sept of this year for applications.
Reply 10
Yes, of course.

It’s quiet distant perspective, especially considering if I won’t get the chance…
How about any possibility to get experience before this date?
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending