elenamaria__.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I recently gave in a doctors letter to school asking for extra time and to be seated in a smaller room, due to my anxiety. However, my teachers have said that I can only get rest breaks and a small room, not extra time. Are there some kind of special requirements for extra time? Has anyone gotten extra time based on anxiety alone? Or did you have to have learning difficulties or other problems as well?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The school is quite right that anxiety is not generally a reason for extra time. If you feel the panic is rising you can hand your paper in and take a rest break.

You'd generally need evidence of a longstanding problem from your school, together with support from a psychiatrist or medical consultant to be able to have a chance of getting extra time.
ellie24_.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i got extra time because of my dyslexia but if you contact your senco at your school you could try just saying that you really struggle with completing questions within the time and have always done so this is made worse by anxiety and they may test you for extra time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (35)
14.89%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (72)
30.64%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (29)
12.34%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (20)
8.51%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (13)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (63)
26.81%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.28%

Watched Threads