Is this attention seeking? (TW)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was in a car with my cousin and she asked if she can show me something , I said “sure, what” and she said she wants to show me her scars. I was very unsure after hearing that and she kept saying it would make her feel better. I finally said okay because I wanted to make her feel better. But she showed me her arm full of super fresh recent cuts. She told me she cut them an hour earlier when we were hanging out. I didn’t say anything and she kept asking what I thought.

She kept pressuring me to show mine and I said no multiple times. She kept saying it’d make her feel better too. She told her sister she’s never going to tell me anything again.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How old is she?
How old are you?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
How old is she?
How old are you?
I’m 15, she’s 14
Anonymous #1
I need advice because I want to know if I’m just a bad person
summerholliday
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was in a car with my cousin and she asked if she can show me something , I said “sure, what” and she said she wants to show me her scars. I was very unsure after hearing that and she kept saying it would make her feel better. I finally said okay because I wanted to make her feel better. But she showed me her arm full of super fresh recent cuts. She told me she cut them an hour earlier when we were hanging out. I didn’t say anything and she kept asking what I thought.

She kept pressuring me to show mine and I said no multiple times. She kept saying it’d make her feel better too. She told her sister she’s never going to tell me anything again.
Ok, it sounds like your cousin needs help. Do you feel like you can tell her parents about it? Self harm is very serious and it is something that should be addressed asap. You are NOT a bad person for not wanting to show self harm scars! It is your body, and therefore it is your say in what you show. I don't want to presume anything about your cousin, but the fact that she's wanting to show you her scars might be a cry for help. I would advise telling an adult you feel comfortable with sooner rather than later.

In the mean time, things your cousin can do instead of self harm are: holding an ice cube in your hand until it melts, twanging a hair bobble against your wrist, or drawing on your skin. I'm sure there are plenty of other alternatives on the internet, but make sure your cousin gets help.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by summerholliday)
Ok, it sounds like your cousin needs help. Do you feel like you can tell her parents about it? Self harm is very serious and it is something that should be addressed asap. You are NOT a bad person for not wanting to show self harm scars! It is your body, and therefore it is your say in what you show. I don't want to presume anything about your cousin, but the fact that she's wanting to show you her scars might be a cry for help. I would advise telling an adult you feel comfortable with sooner rather than later.

In the mean time, things your cousin can do instead of self harm are: holding an ice cube in your hand until it melts, twanging a hair bobble against your wrist, or drawing on your skin. I'm sure there are plenty of other alternatives on the internet, but make sure your cousin gets help.
Hey thanks for the reply, my cousin wears clothes that revealed her scars many times before. We aren’t in contact anymore but I felt bad about it. The reason I asked why it was attention seeking is because in the past she asked what I cut with and called me a “noob” and ‘basic”. She made her mental health a completion with me. And compared our situations a lot, her sister knows she cuts and I’m for sure her mom knows too. She got mad that I didn’t say anything about her cuts, but I was trying to heal at the time and didn’t know they were fresh and stuff.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (30)
15.79%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (60)
31.58%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (22)
11.58%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
8.42%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (10)
5.26%
I think it's an unfair expectation (49)
25.79%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.58%

Watched Threads