Turn on thread page Beta

Most/Least Chavy University? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beekeeper_)
    LEAST:
    Oxbridge, Durham, UoL, Bristol, Warwick, York...
    MOST:
    Luton, London Met, East London, Teesside, Herts...
    But, from what I've read, the latter group of institutions have a higher proportion of mature students than the former. Surely a mature student on a part time degree, with responsibilities, wouldn't have time for the delinquent behaviour for which these 'chav' people are supposedly renowned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BellaCat)
    But, from what I've read, the latter group of institutions have a higher proportion of mature students than the former. Surely a mature student on a part time degree, with responsibilities, wouldn't have time for the delinquent behaviour for which these 'chav' people are supposedly renowned.
    Oh well how very ageist of you. There are mature chavs you know!

*points- teen basher!*

ReputationRep:
    Melbourne, Australia.

I reckon you see the least amount of bogans (ie. they're practically non-existant) at the following: Melbourne University, Deakin, RMIT...

And as for most chavy (bogan-populated, lol) - tbh, don't think the lot of them make it to uni Hmm, I guess Monash...

Canberra, ACT.

Ooh, this is too easy. Well since we don't really use the word 'chav' downunder persay (I mean it's a word I learnt the meaning of from here, lol), I'll use the equivalent or similar, e.g. tryhards, deros, bogans etc.

Educational institutions with the highest concentration of tryhard fashionistas, gangsta wannabes and so forth - hands down, make that CIT and the University of Canberra ...

Least amount of wannabes: ANU, oh hey - I go there! :p: Although to be fair, we're also regarded as a) the most nerdy population group in the whole of the territory b) the least fashionable ( :eek: As IF!!! ) and c) the most boring

It's like, thanks - so this is what we get for being smart, we get labelled nerds, well k thnx :rolleyes: Lol

ReputationRep:
    I am studying at MMU, and Manchester is full of 'chavs', but like people have said before, there are none at the universities themselves

ReputationRep:
    this has to be the most boring thing ever.
    this obsession with chavs will never end. Now the prejudice has even spread to universites.
    good help us all.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.