Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Recently been feeling like I can’t make any close connections with anyone in relationships or friendships which I never used to struggle with. I feel so lonely because all the friends I have, I feel aren’t close and the friendship doesn’t feel real or are forced . I always seem to see things I dislike in people or they hurt my feelings which makes me uncomfortable/annoyed and dislike the friendship making me feel more lonely as the friends I have aren’t even my friends. I have struggled to even make these types of ‘friendships’ which doesn’t give me much hope for making real ones. I’ve not had a best friend for a long time and never anyone’s first choice. everyone in my friend group has the person they would say is their best friend and go to for advice/help but it’s never me, I’m always the last to find out about anything that they consider secrets which of course if it’s private I don’t expect to be told but it just seems as if I’m never the person anyone shares anything they consider private too . Even little things which shouldn’t bother me, but they do, like if there is three of us I’m always the one to sit by myself when there’s only two seats together like on the bus or in a Restaurant, I feel as if I’m always the 3rd/5th wheel. know that people are not really bothered about having me as a friend but I have no idea what/how to stop doing whatever it is that they don’t like me for. it just seems as if people don’t want to be my friend which is making me dislike myself as I’m worried there’s something wrong with me. Since going to uni I’ve made no friends and have no idea how to meet people and don’t have any of my ‘home’ friends as I’ve moved away . I now also have a big case of fomo ,which I think has developed from being left out previously like when there there are plans in my friend group that makes me feel worried of them becoming closer without me when they meet at times I can’t . just wanted to know if anyone else feels like this or any advice on what to do

I am close to my family btw but don’t see them often as I live far away at uni
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Now is the time for you to expand your circle of friends. Find people who don't like being alone and lonely. This will be your start.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SlaveofAll)
Now is the time for you to expand your circle of friends. Find people who don't like being alone and lonely. This will be your start.
I have no idea how to meet people though, especially in times like this how do I find people when nobody can really do anything
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have no idea how to meet people though, especially in times like this how do I find people when nobody can really do anything

Facebook?
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Perhaps online chats might be your steppingstone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (26)
27.96%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (9)
9.68%
No I am happy with my choice (52)
55.91%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
6.45%

Watched Threads