Jomcco
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My friend has started seeing a guy who’s best mates with the guy I’m seeing. They want to go out on a double date. However, the guy she’s seeing was seeing another friend before. If I go, I know the other girls will be annoyed about it. They were in the same friend group so the other girls are now not speaking to this girl because she’s seeing him. What do I do? I don’t want to get involved but I know they’ll be annoyed if I hang out with them. I also don’t want to lie about it.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The way you phrased this was confusing... I’m way too tired for this mental gymnastics...

So because he’s gotten with a girl from the friendship group, the friendship group is no longer accepting her as part of their friends?

So I’m guessing they have problems with him too.. don’t you have any problems with him for doing your friend like that?

It’s either you go ahead and do the double date or be loyal to your friends.

If you do it, your friends probably will try disowning you like they did to her for going for their friends ex.

On the other hand, you’re friends with both of them.. so technically they should accept that you have freedom to be friends with who you want..
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
Jomcco
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Sorry, yes this was confusing. Yea I said my bit and my opinion on it when it happened. She’s accepted my opinion and we’ve moved on from it. I then said I’ve said my bit and not getting involved. But by going on a double date with them, is that going to seem like I’m supporting it?
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jomcco)
Sorry, yes this was confusing. Yea I said my bit and my opinion on it when it happened. She’s accepted my opinion and we’ve moved on from it. I then said I’ve said my bit and not getting involved. But by going on a double date with them, is that going to seem like I’m supporting it?

You did say that you were not getting involved so I don’t think it looks like you’re supporting it. Just seems to me that you’re open to hangout with either of them, especially considering the guy you’re seeing is best mates with that guy.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (55)
23.31%
Excited but a bit nervous (106)
44.92%
Not bothered either way (32)
13.56%
I'm really nervous (43)
18.22%

Watched Threads