sejjj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi i have to chose my options im good at music im piano grade 2 will this be a easy subject?
Culver
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sejjj)
Hi i have to chose my options im good at music im piano grade 2 will this be a easy subject?
If you’re looking to get a high grade, grade 2 won’t be enough to make it easy. To get top marks in the performance assessment you need to play a piece of grade 5 difficulty or above, and a lot of the theory you do is up to grade 5 (ish) standard. Grade 2 piano would probably give you a slight advantage over those with no prior instrument experience however I don’t think it’ll make it easy and you’ll still need to work quite hard
lucyyy12
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sejjj)
pretty sure my friend had to prove she was grade three, but that was years ago and I think now it’s even higher
i_play_chopin14
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sejjj)
I'm not sure that Grade 2 is enough, given that you are required to perform twice and the pieces need to be at least Grade 4 and even better 5. If you have another instrument that you are more proficient in I would advise you perform pieces with that. However you don't need to prove that you have passed the exam and if your playing is at the Grade standard that is all you need. If you like music and learning about many different genres I would recommend the GCSE as you explore many different Eras of music, however you also need a relatively good understanding of music theory and perhaps some prior knowledge to the different ages in Classical music. I hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (70)
22.95%
Excited but a bit nervous (135)
44.26%
Not bothered either way (37)
12.13%
I'm really nervous (63)
20.66%

Watched Threads