Fees for an EU student studying a PGDE in Scotland

Watch
TitusTheDog
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
As an EU student would I qualify for RUK fees if I do a PGDE in Scotland in 2022/23? I have lived in England since the start of my BA, September of 2019, and have pre settled status. I would have lived in the UK for 2 years and 11 months at the start of the PGDE. Would this be enough to qualify for the RUK fees?
cherrybombflavor
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hi Titus.

Here is my 2 cents on the status quo regarding us as EU students - who lived in England and are going to Scotland for a PGDE. I've moved and lived in the UK (from a EU country) over 10 years ago and have settled status, therefore, in England, I am considered a "home UK student" who pays the box standard rate.

HOWEVER, in Scotland, from what I have read on SAAS and been referred to by institutions, if and when I do join a Scottish uni, I will be paying my tuition as a EU Pre/Settled Scottish rate. Meaning it will be the lowest amount being £1800 - like their undergraduates do.

Now why is that? There are 3 criterion to being eligible for SAAS tuition fees:
1. Be ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom 3 years immediately before the relevant date
2. Have ‘Settled status’ in the UK on the relevant date,
3, Be ordinarily resident in Scotland on the relevant date.

Hopefully that's clear and answers your query. Good luck on your pursue of being a teacher!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads