Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don't know what I do wrong to not experience something good in life? I'm about as useless as Tottenham's empty trophy cabinet. I'm 26 and feel like I've achieved nothing. I don't even have a close circle of friends to confide in, I did have friends at some point in life but not anymore, moved about and had to restart and just lost contact with them, it's okay they didnt want anything to do with me anyway. I can only get part time job because I dont have enough qualification, I did get a part time job but lost it because of lockdown, the manager was eh, i dont know why she even asked if I was doing okay after telling me I wouldnt be working for them. I hate having to answer families questions of what am I doing at the minute or what I plan to do because I have no freaking clue anymore. I hate having the thought that all my other cousins have had it better than I have and had a somewhat normal life. No one else in my family lost their job because of lockdown, they have friends and have finished studying.
Anonymous #1
See, point proven, I'm useless to anyone
Anonymous #1
Yep its decided
Delajore
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey im here!!
what do you like to do? maybe by looking at what you like doing you'll find something to work for
Anonymous #1
Thanks for the advice I really appreciated the support this site gives smashing 10/10
Anonymous #1
Next time I faint I'll make sure to bash my head harder than usual
how are you_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Next time I faint I'll make sure to bash my head harder than usual
LMAOO. But on a real note I'd advise u to get some qualifications - no it is not too late for u to do so. Once u have a stable income everything else such as friends, etc should come on its on. The most important thing for u to focus on right now is trying to get a stable job. Ik its hard but better to have faith than not
BenK64
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Get a grip man. nobody is attracted to self pity least of all yourself.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Life is tough and we are forced into many situations that we dont really know how to get out from. Other people can help with menaging emotions and giving insight into the situation. It is even harder when You have no friends to talk to. I cant solve your problem and You probably dont expect me to but i am going to give a few tips. 1. Dont beat ypurself over. Life is hard enough but a lot of the times we punish ourselfs for our problems which just makes them harder and make you more miserable. 2. Dont compare ypurself to other people. It is easier said than done sure. But watch for when you do it and stop yourself. If you are ahead in something and compare yourself you will be afraid to do bad in the future even if you just tried solving an entirely new problem and there is no reason for you to be good at it yet. If you are behind and compare yourself you are going to beat yourself up and treat yourself like a filthy degenerate instead of a respectable human being. 3. Take responsibility. This one is misunderstood so so much so often. There are 4 categories you can fall into here and understanding them will help you to get into responsibility one. There is responsibility (feeling in control, being self-compassionate) blame (feeling in control, being self-judgmental) victimhood (not feeling in control, being self-compassionate), frustration (not feeling in control, being self-judgmental). Your thoughts are not going to stay in one of those. They are going to switch. Try to understand where a thought you are experiencing is and as an excercise create 4 versions of the thought each to a diffrent caregory. People who fear taking responsibility are usually the ones in victimhood/frustration and who think responsibility and blame is the same category. Being in control doesnt mean you dont deserve compassion and understanding. If you made a mistake and it is clearly because of you you can try to learn from it and grow to be deal with such problems easier also being compassionate torwards yourself and telling yourself what you would tell a friend in that siruation or you can beat yourself up because it is your fault. Victimhood would blame their sorroundings and sth outside their control and frustration would feel like they couldnt do anything and not know how could they but they would somehow still beat themself up for not making it right and being in control.
Hope sth helps <3
Stay strong
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (68)
30.91%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (26)
11.82%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.18%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.45%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.27%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.36%

Watched Threads