Hayfever so strong I can't go outside?? (almost died) (gone wrong)

Watch
username5173262
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I just tried to go to the bus stop to go to college and as soon as I got there I turned around and came back home, my hayfever was so bad I could only see from one eye and could not breathe. I got there at 12:00 exactly, it's 12:16 now as I write this - bus comes about now. Thing is, I sprayed 2 sprays of Beconase Nasal into each nostril and everything. Absolute joke man... :cry:

Now I just want two packs of fig rolls (my comfort food) and to watch Netflix and cry all day, but I can't even go to Tesco!! Literally immobilised at home. I've sneezed more times in the past hour than I have in the past 5 years. AMA

update: there's also a fly in my room. :dong:
Last edited by username5173262; 1 month ago
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you take antihistamines?
username5173262
Rep:
?
(Original post by Theloniouss)
Do you take antihistamines?
I used to as a kid yeah, weren't all that effective if I'm completely honest but perhaps thats because I was taking kids medication. I was planning on getting some tomorrow, whatever the highest strength is if they measure them like that, but that's if I can muster up enough strength to bear the outside! Might just not see me until Autumn comes chief :no:
Theloniouss
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by V℮rsions)
I used to as a kid yeah, weren't all that effective if I'm completely honest but perhaps thats because I was taking kids medication. I was planning on getting some tomorrow, whatever the highest strength is if they measure them like that, but that's if I can muster up enough strength to bear the outside! Might just not see me until Autumn comes chief :no:
You increase the strength by taking multiple per day (technically not recommended but I've been doing it for years and the liver failure hasn't caught up to me yet). First I tried loratadine but it made me tired and didn't really work, but I've been finding cetirizine pretty effective. They're super cheap, too.
username5173262
Rep:
?
(Original post by Theloniouss)
You increase the strength by taking multiple per day (technically not recommended but I've been doing it for years and the liver failure hasn't caught up to me yet). First I tried loratadine but it made me tired and didn't really work, but I've been finding cetirizine pretty effective. They're super cheap, too.
Thanks man, made a note of em. Gonna send someone out to get them first thing tomorrow.
Right now I think I'm going to brave it and dash to the old Tesco Express near me and get my fig rolls, then cry all day. If they sell them there at a decent price I might as well pick up up when I'm there too

If this just so happens to be my last message, consider me lost to the elements. :yy:
Theloniouss
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks man, made a note of em. Gonna send someone out to get them first thing tomorrow.
Right now I think I'm going to brave it and dash to the old Tesco Express near me and get my fig rolls, then cry all day. If they sell them there at a decent price I might as well pick up up when I'm there too

If this just so happens to be my last message, consider me lost to the elements. :yy:
Praying for you :goodluck:
username5173262
Rep:
?
Spent 3 hours at war with a fly who wont leave my room, with constant tears anda runny nose . Methodist God is looking down upon me right now in disgust, I bet.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Might be a bit of trial and error to find what works. I take antihistamines for allergies; anything with loratadine as a daily dose, acrivastine (in the form of Benedryl tablets) for quick relief if anything triggers a reaction. Ceterizine brings me out in a nasty rash; yep, I'm allergic to certain allergy tablets!
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So I just tried to go to the bus stop to go to college and as soon as I got there I turned around and came back home, my hayfever was so bad I could only see from one eye and could not breathe. I got there at 12:00 exactly, it's 12:16 now as I write this - bus comes about now. Thing is, I sprayed 2 sprays of Beconase Nasal into each nostril and everything. Absolute joke man... :cry:

Now I just want two packs of fig rolls (my comfort food) and to watch Netflix and cry all day, but I can't even go to Tesco!! Literally immobilised at home. I've sneezed more times in the past hour than I have in the past 5 years. AMA

update: there's also a fly in my room. :dong:
Hey I am so sorry to hear this
I can relate to this Even though I take loratadine, my hayfever flared up massively yesterday and has continued into today.
They mowed the grass outside this morning :cry2:
Thankfully it's been a little better today but yesterday was awful! Basically no vision in one eye and the other wasn't great

A hack I learned of that might help you if you're out and about if using a bit of moisturiser or Vaseline and putting a little bit below your nose and a little bit underneath your lower eyelid (not too close otherwise you might rub it in the eye :nn: ). The effect of this is supposedly to catch pollen before it enters the nose/eyes. I found it to be quite effective but obviously it wears out over time :yy:

:fyi: I have moved this thread into health in case anyone else has some good tips to share :hugs:
CSstudent23
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah hay fever this season is real bad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (18)
28.57%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (5)
7.94%
No I am happy with my choice (37)
58.73%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
4.76%

Watched Threads