Was it a mistake or something else?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If a girl cheats on her BF once, when she's drunk, and she regrets it...

If a girl continuously sleeps with the same guy, even when not drunk.

Are these scenarios different at all?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If a girl cheats on her BF once, when she's drunk, and she regrets it...

If a girl continuously sleeps with the same guy, even when not drunk.

Are these scenarios different at all?
First one you could say was a mistake because she was drunk, but if she’s continuing it not drunk that’s full on cheating. Either way her bf should know about this
Anonymous #1
First one you could say was a mistake because she was drunk, but if she’s continuing it not drunk that’s full on cheating. Either way her bf should know about this
What if she hasn't told him?

has she fallen out of love?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
What if she hasn't told him?

has she fallen out of love?
It’s selfish of her not to tell him and still be in a relationship with him. She’s breaking his trust, he deserves to know.

I don’t know if she’s fallen out of love with him, but if she really loved him she wouldn’t have cheated
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
Cheating is cheating. Being drunk is not a valid excuse. There's very few valid excuses for being disloyal.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
There's very few valid excuses for being disloyal.
Like what?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, the scenarios are very different.
The first one has the most chance of being perceived as a drunken mistake by most people.
The second one suggests something of a habit arising from either: no appetite for a monogomous lifestyle, lack of sexual attraction to the bf or intense feelings of negativity towards the relationship- accompanied by premeditation, dishonest intentions and probably telling blatant lies/dodgy excuses.
Final Fantasy
Report 1 month ago
Like what?
To save someone's life.
Chicken.M.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They're both unforgiveable but the second one is much worse as it's premeditated.

It's like manslaughter vs murder. Someone is still dead at the end of it.
Last edited by Chicken.M.; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
Yes, the scenarios are very different.
The first one has the most chance of being perceived as a drunken mistake by most people.
The second one suggests something of a habit arising from either: no appetite for a monogomous lifestyle, lack of sexual attraction to the bf or intense feelings of negativity towards the relationship- accompanied by premeditation, dishonest intentions and probably telling blatant lies/dodgy excuses.
Maybe also, for the second scenario, she might have developped feelings for the other guy?
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They're different, yes, but the consequences are just as bad. The second situation is arguably worse as it's an ongoing thing but being drunk isn't an excuse either.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
They're different, yes, but the consequences are just as bad. The second situation is arguably worse as it's an ongoing thing but being drunk isn't an excuse either.
I agree.

The second is worse, because it's a full-on affair, and I believe there are likely feelings involved.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe also, for the second scenario, she might have developped feelings for the other guy?
There is no need for the constant dishonesty.
She could tell her bf that she is not looking for a relationship based on commitment or monogomous sexual exclusivity.
Clarify to both guys that she only wants casual sex, a fwb arrangement or a polyamorous relationship.
Then those who are not interested or incompatible will know where they stand and be able to move on without feeling betrayed/tricked/treated like a fool.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (18)
28.13%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (5)
7.81%
No I am happy with my choice (37)
57.81%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
6.25%

Watched Threads