Hope_2021
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,Looking to do Midwifery, can anyone advise what grants or loans i can apply for?. Thanks
University of South Wales
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hope_2021)
Hi,Looking to do Midwifery, can anyone advise what grants or loans i can apply for?. Thanks
Hi Hope_2021 If you wanted to study at a Welsh university, and commit to work in the Wales for 2 years following graduation, you can apply for the Welsh NHS bursary which covers course fees and a maintenance grant. More information here https://nwssp.nhs.wales/ourservices/...ards-services/ I hope this helps, thanks and diolch! Rebecca, USW Official Rep
millsr
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can apply for a regular student loan (covers tuition fees and provides a means-tested loan for living costs) as long as you're eligible. If you are a UK citizen who has lived in the UK for at least 3 years, you probably are.

As for bursaries and grants, it depends where you're from and where you want to study. If you're from Scotland and want to study in Scotland, you can apply for the Scottish NHS bursary (£10,000 per year). Similar rule applies if you're Northern Irish and want to go to a Northern Irish university. You cannot get the Scotland or NI loan if you're not from those countries and studying in your home country.

Wales is slightly different - any Welsh or English student can get it if you agree to work for NHS Wales for two years after qualifying. That covers tuition, a standard-rate maintenance grant plus a means-tested maintenance grant.

If you're studying in England, you can get a grant of at least £5,000 a year regardless of where in the UK you're from.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (23)
6.44%
Uncertainty around my education (39)
10.92%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (42)
11.76%
Lack of purpose or motivation (48)
13.45%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (18)
5.04%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (16)
4.48%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (37)
10.36%
Financial worries (25)
7%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.2%
Exposure to negative news/social media (22)
6.16%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.8%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (36)
10.08%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (26)
7.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed