anvo02
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I put Warwick as my firm choice, but I’m having second thoughts because I feel like the campus feels so isolated. As for York I haven’t done as much research but I heard PPE programs at both schools are good. Wondering if you guys could give advice or insight into both the quality of the programs within the two schools as well as the student and social life. Thanks!
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anvo02)
I put Warwick as my firm choice, but I’m having second thoughts because I feel like the campus feels so isolated. As for York I haven’t done as much research but I heard PPE programs at both schools are good. Wondering if you guys could give advice or insight into both the quality of the programs within the two schools as well as the student and social life. Thanks!
My advice is to start by researching York more.
Have you placed them as your insurance?
University of York
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi anvo02,

It's great that you're considering York! I'm a recent York grad, and so I can definitely help to answers questions about the city, campus and student life. I didn't study PPE, but these student blogs are written by our PPE students, so they may be useful!

The York campus is really close to the city centre, there are buses every few mins that go to the centre and also to the station, so it's really easy to get around. There's also a free shuttle between campuses, and you can even pick up an e-scooter or e-bike to travel between campuses or get into the city.

I absolutely loved living in York, so much so that I stayed after graduating. The city is so vibrant and there's such a nice atmosphere, as there's always loads going on, so you'll never get bored. Loads of independent cafes, bars, restaurants to choose from, and loads of culture. It helps that the city is really beautiful and just the right size to make it easy to explore but also not become boring. The campus is also really social, and you have everything you need in one place (your dept, accommodation, cheap bars etc.)

Our online open days are on 26th and 27th June, so I'd recommend you come along and find out more about the uni and the course.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hazel
Graduate Ambassador
econhelp525
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
York was the first University outside of Oxbridge to actually offer PPE, and York has their own department dedicated to PPE (which is more than what Warwick can say). You can't go wrong with PPE at York, they really know what they're doing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.53%
Excited but a bit nervous (116)
45.85%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.04%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed